[Bitpim-devel] LG VX7000 notes
Mike Schiraldi
2004-09-06 20:13:37 UTC
I've got an LG VX-7000, which i know is not officially supported, but i hope
to help change that. I've read through examples/phonespec.html and the posts
to this list that mentioned this model.

I've run into two minor problems:

First, when i right-click a directory and try to download it, i get an
exception; the phone claims the file is locked:
[...]
File "com_brew.py", line 363, in sendbrewcommand
BrewFileLockedException: File is locked

Is my phone the only one that does this, or does it happen to everyone? If
it happens to everyone, perhaps the "Save ..." option shouldn't appear as an
option on directories. I guess in the long run it would be cool to have
support for selecting directories or multiple files, selecting "Save ...",
and having BitPim do the work of sending the download commands for each
individual file.

My second problem was that BitPim only worked if i was running as root. I
had seen the relevant section of the docs, but i had originally guessed that
since the VX-6000 had product id 0x6000, the VX-7000 would have product id
0x7000. Nope, it's also 0x6000.
Mike Schiraldi
2004-09-06 20:23:12 UTC
I'm sorry, i just realized that BitPim is supposed to support exactly what i
asked for in my last message: downloading of directories. I get the
"directory" right-click menu when i click the root, but the "file" one when
i click on any other directory. I guess BitPim isn't realizing they're
directories. I'll look into this some more; i just wanted to get this
retraction out there ASAP.
Roger Binns
2004-09-06 20:34:18 UTC
Post by Mike Schiraldi
I'm sorry, i just realized that BitPim is supposed to support exactly
what i asked for in my last message: downloading of directories. I
get the "directory" right-click menu when i click the root, but the
"file" one when i click on any other directory. I guess BitPim isn't
realizing they're directories. I'll look into this some more; i just
wanted to get this retraction out there ASAP.
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mobile.bitpim.user/1325
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mobile.bitpim.user/1332
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mobile.bitpim.user/1336
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mobile.bitpim.user/1343

When right clicking I always get the correct item highlighted
and get the correct menu type. Tested on both Linux and
Windows.

Roger
Mike Schiraldi
2004-09-06 20:59:54 UTC
When right clicking I always get the correct item highlighted
and get the correct menu type. Tested on both Linux and
Windows.
Hmm. My protocol log is posted at http://schiraldi.org/dirbug.txt
if you want to look it over. I'll see if my roommate will let me install
BitPim on his Mac so i can see what happens there.

Also, i'll see if i can get the CVS build working for me. If so, i could add
some debugging print statements at key parts of the code.
Roger Binns
2004-09-06 21:12:55 UTC
Post by Mike Schiraldi
Hmm. My protocol log is posted at http://schiraldi.org/dirbug.txt
if you want to look it over.
I don't see any bug. That log is of reading the root directory of
the phone.

You will need to be running from CVS as the VX7000 returns
directory listings in a completely different way than
all other phones.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mobile.bitpim.devel/642

You should read the group archives for both bitpim-user and
-devel for at least the last month.

2004-09-06 20:36:50 UTC
Post by Mike Schiraldi
I've got an LG VX-7000, which i know is not officially supported, but
i hope to help change that. I've read through examples/phonespec.html
and the posts to this list that mentioned this model.
Please also keep a list of what is missing from phonespec.html so
it can be added. (I don't know what is missing since I know how to
add a phone :-) That also includes content that is currently in
mailing list archives but should be in that file.

I also consider it a bug if you encounter any code without appropriate
comments or documentation. Let me know if you find any relevant ones
and I will fix them.

Also don't forget these two links:

http://bitpim.org/pyxr/c/projects/bitpim/
http://bitpim.org/apidoc/