[Bitpim-devel] LGVX4500 & Calendar
Mike Simos
2004-10-03 04:40:38 UTC
Does sending calendar data to the LGVX4500 phone work? Currently I am
getting a traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "gui.py", line 150, in run
res=call()
File "gui.py", line 90, in __call__
return apply(self.method, self.args+args, d)
File "gui.py", line 1160, in senddata
apply(func, args)
File "gui.py", line 1189, in writecalendar
return self.commphone.savecalendar(data, merge)
File "com_lgvx4400.py", line 534, in savecalendar
buf=prototypes.buffer()
File "p_lgvx4500.py", line 1751, in writetobuffer
self._complainaboutunusedargs(schedulefile,kwargs)
File "prototypes.py", line 698, in writetobuffer
def writetobuffer(self, buf):
File "p_lgvx4500.py", line 1453, in writetobuffer
self.__field_repeat.writetobuffer(buf)
AttributeError: 'scheduleevent' object has no attribute
'_scheduleevent__field_unknown1'

Mike
Roger Binns
2004-10-03 20:21:59 UTC
Post by Mike Simos
Does sending calendar data to the LGVX4500 phone work?
I don't believe so.

Roger
Mike Simos
2004-10-04 04:18:21 UTC
I think I have fixed the problem and have successfully sent calendar
data to my LGVX4500. It seems that adding getcalendar & savecalendar
functions to com_lgvx4500.py with
'unknown1','hasvoice','unknown2','voiceindex' in the "for field in" loop
and in bpcalendar.py adding unknown1, hasvoice, unknown2, and voiceindex
to the res list in newentryfactory function. Once I did this, I didn't
recieve the error after creating a new calendar entry and sending it to
my phone. The reason I was interested in doing this was I have written
an Outlook calendar CSV importer based on the existing CSVcontacts
importer in bitpim. So I have been able to export my Outlook calendar,
import it into bitpim and then send the data to my phone.

Mike
2004-10-04 06:09:57 UTC
Post by Mike Simos
importer in bitpim. So I have been able to export my Outlook calendar,
import it into bitpim and then send the data to my phone.
The calendar stuff needs updating just as phonebook was for 0.7.
The BitPim data storage format needs to change from the VX4400
specific fields to more generic ones.

If someone would like to do the research, it would be useful
to gather up the following information:

- What fields are present in ical/vCalendar format
- Additional fields in other data sources such as Outlook that
don't map onto existing fields in ical/vcal
- Additional fields used by phones but not in those either.
Some examples are:

- ringtone to play
- voice memo (VX4500)
- seperate description/location field (Sanyo)

Roger
Mike Simos
2004-10-11 20:48:58 UTC
Well, I have been successfully importing my outlook calendar from a CSV
file and sending the data to the phone. If anyone wants to try it you
can download the source from here:

http://www.simos.com/bitpim.zip

It probably only works for the VX4500. Also I haven't done a lot of
testing so expect some bugs.

Mike
Jim Smith
2004-10-04 04:39:49 UTC
Post by Mike Simos
I have written
an Outlook calendar CSV importer based on the existing CSVcontacts
importer in bitpim. So I have been able to export my Outlook calendar,
import it into bitpim and then send the data to my phone.
Mike
Wow, that is great news! :-) I can't wait to dump DataPilot, which I only
keep around for the calendar imports.
Vic Heintz
2004-10-29 18:08:38 UTC
If someone would like to do the research, it would be useful
- What fields are present in ical/vCalendar format
- Additional fields in other data sources such as Outlook that don't
map onto existing fields in ical/vcal
- Additional fields used by phones but not in those either.
- ringtone to play
- voice memo (VX4500)
- seperate description/location field (Sanyo)
What can I do to help? As a Mac user I think it would be great if
bitpim stored calendar data directly in ical format. Alternatively
perhaps all bitpim data could eventually be stored in xml.

Vic
Roger Binns
2004-10-30 20:33:23 UTC
Post by Vic Heintz
What can I do to help?
Basically gather the information that was requested. In particular
read the specs and work out what they make available. The sample
ical you sent me looked more like one that was barely legal with
lots of Apple stuff in it.
Post by Vic Heintz
As a Mac user I think it would be great if
bitpim stored calendar data directly in ical format.
BitPim will store the calendar fields as a superset of the common
formats out there, covering the union of what the phones have
and the various standards.
Post by Vic Heintz
Alternatively perhaps all bitpim data could eventually be stored
in xml.
The data is actually all going to be stored in SQLite databases.
BitPim also has to store temporal information about the data
in order to do syncing. For example it has to know what a phonebook
record looked like on your phone 2 weeks ago, because if the same
record is different now then you edited it on the phone.