[BitPim-devel] VX4500 Issues
bruce baxter
2006-03-21 15:25:28 UTC
I've posted here before and never gotten the answers I was looking for. This will be my last post before I go out and by a commercial phone management package.

BitPim works fine for nearly every function on my LG VX4500 (Verizon), except one. I'm willing to work with someone to try and resolve this issue. No matter what I do I cannot get BitPim to add a brand new entry to the phone book on the phone. I add it to the database and then click send data. It reads through each entry and then rewrites them all. It will add a new phone number to an existing contact. It will delete contacts that it finds are on the phone, but not in the database. This I know because I've had issues with entering new contacts on the phone via the keypad and having them be written out with duplicate ID's that BitPim whines about when I read data from the phone, and then the entries are out of sync.

I've posted log files and protocol log files here before and never gotten a satisfactory answer.

I'm a programmer by trade and have done a considerable C programming (among many other languages) and a little bit of Java, but no python. I'm a little bit lost in finding my way in the source forge way of doing things. That being said I'd be willing to take a look at some of the code for the VX 4500 if someone can point me in the right direction to start.

Yahoo! Travel
Find great deals to the top 10 hottest destinations!
Roger Binns
2006-03-21 17:13:17 UTC
Post by bruce baxter
This will be my last post before I go out and by a commercial phone management package.
Go for it.
http://bitpim.org/developer.html