[BitPim-devel] Developer interested in adding phone support for Sanyo SCP6600/Katana
Don Peterkofsky
2006-08-17 03:08:11 UTC
I'm a software engineer, and I'm interested in working on phone support for
the Sanyo SCP6600/Katana (which I recently acquired).

I've followed all of the steps to set up my system with Python and SVN, but
am having some initial problems running bitpim in the PythonWin IDE. I am
attaching below the log from the IDE console. Could someone please give me
some pointers on how to get up and running after doing the SVN checkout?

Thanks,

Don

You need to make unknown.png

You need to make unknown.png

You need to make unknown.png

Traceback (most recent call last):

File
"C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py",
line 310, in RunScript

exec codeObject in __main__.__dict__

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\bp.py", line 106, in ?

gui.run(sys.argv, _kwargs)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\gui.py", line 645, in run

return MainApp(argv, **kwargs).MainLoop()

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\gui.py", line 412, in __init__

wx.App.__init__(self, redirect=False, useBestVisual=True)

File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line
7700, in __init__

self._BootstrapApp()

File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\wx-2.6-msw-unicode\wx\_core.py", line
7352, in _BootstrapApp

return _core_.PyApp__BootstrapApp(*args, **kwargs)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\gui.py", line 451, in OnInit

MySplashScreen(self, self.config)

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\gui.py", line 192, in __init__

bmp=guihelper.getbitmap("splashscreen")

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\guihelper.py", line 212, in getbitmap

return getimage(name).ConvertToBitmap()

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\guihelper.py", line 223, in getimage

return getimage('unknown')

.

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\guihelper.py", line 223, in getimage

return getimage('unknown')

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\guihelper.py", line 223, in getimage

return getimage('unknown')

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\guihelper.py", line 223, in getimage

return getimage('unknown')

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\guihelper.py", line 223, in getimage

return getimage('unknown')

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\guihelper.py", line 223, in getimage

return getimage('unknown')

File "C:\Documents and Settings\Don\My
Documents\bitpim_project\bitpim\src\guihelper.py", line 222, in getimage

print "You need to make "+name+".png"

File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\winout.py",
line 172, in write

return self.template.write(msg)

File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\winout.py",
line 490, in write

self.HandleOutput(message)

File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\winout.py",
line 471, in HandleOutput

self.QueueFlush()

File "C:\Python24\Lib\site-packages\pythonwin\pywin\framework\winout.py",
line 438, in QueueFlush

item = self.outputQueue.get_nowait()

File "C:\Python24\lib\Queue.py", line 141, in get_nowait

return self.get(False)

File "C:\Python24\lib\Queue.py", line 130, in get

self.not_full.notify()

File "C:\Python24\lib\threading.py", line 237, in notify

assert self._is_owned(), "notify() of un-acquire()d lock"

RuntimeError: maximum recursion depth exceeded
Roger Binns
2006-08-17 04:45:18 UTC
I’ve followed all of the steps to set up my system with Python and SVN,
You didn't follow the step of using Python 2.3 :-)
but am having some initial problems running bitpim in the PythonWin
IDE. I am attaching below the log from the IDE console. Could someone
please give me some pointers on how to get up and running after doing
the SVN checkout?
This error is happening in Pythonwin code. If you run outside of that
you'll be fine. It is messing up doing a simple 'print' statement.

Roger
Don Peterkofsky
2006-08-18 02:08:03 UTC
Roger,

Per your comments I have uninstalled Python 2.4, and installed 2.3, plus the
required extensions for that version. Please forgive me if I'm missing
something obvious, as this is my first time with Python, but I am having the
exact same issue. The issue is the same as below, and is the same running
in Pythonwin or in the command line using "python bp.py". Again, any help
would be appreciated.

Regards,
Don

Don Peterkofsky
2006-08-18 02:32:37 UTC
Issue resolved...

Apparently my initial checkout from SVN was incomplete, and files were
missing, hence the "getImage('unknown')". After updating the src again, it
seems fine now.

Sorry for the noise.

Thanks,
Don