[Bitpim-devel] Ready for build?
Roger Binns
2004-07-07 06:03:48 UTC
I am ready for the build. I just rebuilt the help.

Stephen and Steven, are you done yet?

Roger
Stephen Wood
2004-07-07 11:37:17 UTC
Ready here.
Roger
Steven Palm
2004-07-07 13:58:17 UTC
I'll make the Mac build(s) this morning. Also, Roger, Let me see if I
can get a system reloaded at home and you could have VNC access to it
for the work you want to do. I just have to get it back up and
running... Unfortunately it's only running Jaguar, it's all the old box
will handle, but it would be better than nothing if you get no other
offers.

Steve
Post by Stephen Wood
Ready here.
Peter Dufault
2004-07-07 14:13:15 UTC
Post by Steven Palm
I'll make the Mac build(s) this morning. Also, Roger, Let me see if I
can get a system reloaded at home and you could have VNC access to it
for the work you want to do. I just have to get it back up and
running... Unfortunately it's only running Jaguar, it's all the old
box will handle, but it would be better than nothing if you get no
other offers.
I've installed osxvnc on a Mac for Roger's use when he needs it. It's
running 10.3.4.

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.
Roger Binns
2004-07-15 05:07:25 UTC
Post by Peter Dufault
I've installed osxvnc on a Mac for Roger's use when he needs it. It's
running 10.3.4.
Did I mention using SSH for securing the connection to you? I can use
ssh with port forwarding to pick up the VNC stuff.

I am slammed this week, and have had my schedule unexpectedly pick
up for the next few weeks.

Will the system always be up? I am currently spending a few hours
here and there on BitPim rather than large chunks of time.

Roger
Peter Dufault
2004-07-15 11:48:31 UTC
Did I mention using SSH for securing the connection to you? I can use
ssh with port forwarding to pick up the VNC stuff.
You didn't mention it but I should set it up. I'll have to read how to
do it.
Post by Roger Binns
I am slammed this week, and have had my schedule unexpectedly pick
up for the next few weeks.
I'm starting a new contract with someone 1.5 hours away, so for the
next week I'll also be out a lot. I'll set the system up as described,
let you know when it is set up, and you can check to see if it works.
Post by Roger Binns
Will the system always be up? I am currently spending a few hours
here and there on BitPim rather than large chunks of time.
The system is always up, but my kids don't always log out. I think
that if I turn on auto-logout the logout will fail if they have unsaved
work.

If you send me your IP address I'll set the cable modem / router to
forward VNC packets to the Mac, set the Mac firewall up to only take
VNC from your IP address (the cable modem won't let me do that), give
you an account, and turn on auto-logout. I'll trust you to just
disconnect and tell me if you connect to a logged in Mac. If that
turns out to be a problem we'll address it.

The system shares a KVM with a windows game system, so from about
10:00PM Eastern on the kids will be playing games and the system will
be free and you can feel free to try to use it 10:00PM to 7:00AM
Eastern. I think you're on the West coast, right?

One other thing I just realized. I don't think I have the development
tools installed so I'll have to check that out (this is mostly a note
for myself and not you).

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.