[BitPim-devel] Follow-up : MM-7500: SMS download / Auto-detection still picks wrong port
-= Delphicoder =-
2006-08-19 18:41:35 UTC
Here are a couple links to VBScript and Python scripts to obtain serial port information.

VBScript

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/hardware/ports/hwpovb06.mspx

Python Script

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/scripts/python/hardware/ports/hwpopy06.mspx
Stephen Wood
2006-08-19 20:34:53 UTC
I am pretty sure that BitPim already gets all the port information that
these scripts are able to get. But this information is not sufficent to
identify what phone is connected.

Stephen
-= Delphicoder =-
2006-09-02 20:06:26 UTC
Stephen,

Thanks for your reply!

The purpose of using such scripts is not intended to replace the AT method used to identify the phones, but rather to aide the auto-detect method in selecting the correct communications port (ie. in the case of the Sanyo MM-7500 and similar phones.)

//Delphicoder

Stephen Wood <***@gmail.com> wrote: I am pretty sure that BitPim already gets all the port information that these scripts are able to get. But this information is not sufficent to identify what phone is connected.

Stephen

On 8/19/06, -= Delphicoder =- <***@yahoo.com> wrote: Here are a couple links to VBScript and Python scripts to obtain serial port information.

Talk is cheap. Use Yahoo! Messenger to make PC-to-Phone calls. Great rates starting at 1&cent;/min.