[BitPim-devel] A620 mp3 ringtone?
Joe Pham
2007-11-17 04:23:40 UTC
Stephen, as far as you know, can you upload mp3 ringtones to the A620? I'm testing out the M300, and it doesn't appear that it'd accept mp3 ringtones.

0% intro APR on Balance Transfers
Fraud protection and cashback bonus. Apply now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/JKFkuJO6YeomT0OwDqnR7oBHQv5tBBkJb2DCrKa5E4l0HhCaD4lQsk/
Stephen Wood
2007-11-17 04:50:15 UTC
The A620 doesn't take mp3 ringtones, only qcp and midi. I think some
of the phones that inherit the A620 code, like the A840, can take
mp3's, but I never had access to those phones for long enough to try
to implement mp3 uploading.

Does the M300 use the same filesystem structure for media. (ams file,
media files called "cntsN")?

Stephen
2007-11-17 05:58:57 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
Does the M300 use the same filesystem structure for media. (ams
file, media files called "cntsN")?
Yes, it does. I tried a midi file and it worked fine. I tried an mp3 file, changed the mimetype to audio/mp3, but it didn't work. Any other suggestions?

0% Intro APR.
5% Cashback bonus and Fraud Protection. Apply now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/JKFkuJO6YOd1YTcjOE6n19oH6KIN6nnVsEaw8VLuKB80dVc3XQDeiI/
Stephen Wood
2007-11-17 20:30:11 UTC
The specs for the M300 on the Samsung site claim that the M300 can't do MP3s.

Stephen

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/detail/spec.do?group=mobilephones&type=mobilephones&subtype=sprint&model_cd=SPH-M300ISASPR&fullspec=F