[BitPim-devel] LG-VX3200 support update
Bruce S
2005-05-30 20:08:13 UTC
I have made a pass to address the comments
related to my original LG-VX3200 code.

In summary here are the changes I made:

- enhanced DirCache (com_brew.py) and completely
removed my original SimpleFileCache class

- added LGBIT support in a more integrated
fashion to BitPim - similar to BCI

- LGBIT helpers (conversions.py and fileinfo.py)
are now general purpose, i.e. arbitrary image
size and support conversion from 8BPP and 24BPP
BMP files

- replaced the media file suffix mangling with
a cleaner "remove suffix on way in" and
"add suffix on way out". This made the comm
layer (com_lgvx3200.py) cleaner and more
readable.

- improved the Help - added a few examples.
--
Bruce Schurmann
BitPim LG-VX3200 dev
Roger Binns
2005-06-01 06:31:28 UTC
All patches have been applied. Please double check them.

The help filename typo is because I have to manually add
help files and cut and paste the contents. I made the
typo and didn't notice.

Unfortunately dealing with adding new files in a collaborative
environment is the only thing HelpBlocks is weak at. I
guess I should pester Julian about it again ...

Roger
Bruce S
2005-06-01 15:06:54 UTC
My latest LG-VX3200 patch looks to be intact and working in this build
EXCEPT the Howtos section of the Help appears to not have made its way
into the compiled version of the online help. The Help source looks good.

Bruce
BitPim LG-VX3200 dev
Roger Binns
2005-06-01 16:06:53 UTC
Post by Bruce S
My latest LG-VX3200 patch looks to be intact and working in this build
EXCEPT the Howtos section of the Help appears to not have made its way
into the compiled version of the online help. The Help source looks good.
The help is always recompiled before a build. I usually don't checkin
the compiled versions between builds since they are large binary files
and CVS stores them in their entirety. That just makes the CVS backups
larger and larger and gives no useful benefit. I have already gone
in several times are removed older versions from the CVS repository
completely. Run cvs log on bitpim.chm and look at the oldest revision
it shows.

I run this every evening:

wget --retry-connrefused -t 30 --waitretry 60 \
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cvstarballs/bitpim-cvsroot.tar.bz2

Roger
Bruce S