[BitPim-devel] LG PM-325 Development
madden madden
2005-08-31 02:01:03 UTC
I am looking for people who want to help out with coding for the PM-325
anybody that started somthing or is interested please reply
Thanks
Denis

Jerad Clark
2005-08-31 03:54:52 UTC
*raises hand*

I've been watching all the LG development on the lists here the last
couple of weeks hoping for something stable to show up. Doesn't look
like it, so now is as good a time as any to jump in.

I have a dev environment all setup ready to code... I just don't know
python. Looks easy enough though.

I've dumped all my files and I've been trying to figure out the field
spacing in the phone book. 184 bytes long per address iirc. That's as
far as I got :)

Jerad Clark
All the evil in this world is a denial of what is true.
madden madden
2005-09-02 19:35:30 UTC
Cool, I also dont know python yet, know a bunch of other langs, i dumped all
the files and am trying to use WING IDE but i dont quite understand how to
compile the project together.
=======
Meanwhile iv been working on ringtones, they are in the \ams\ directory and
exsist as 1.dat ... *.dat
the dat files are qcv's iv been able to upload new ringtones.
contentInfo file cointins the listing for these files, i figured how to edit
it but also making the file empty and rebooting forces the phone to check
what .dat files are in the \ams\ dir and creates the approprite contentInfo.
In the \setas\ directory is the amsRingerIndex.map file which lists the
ringtones in the contacts menu, when you try to do custom ringtones per
contact. Dont know how the file is formated but this file can be deleted and
upton reboot the phone uses contentInfo file to recreate it.

So if you add dat files with numbers infront and create samename.gtc files
for info,
Then empty contentInfo file and delete amsRingerIndex.map the ringtones will
be added to to the phone.

Thats what i figured out so far.
======
Post by madden madden
I am looking for people who want to help out with coding for the PM-325
anybody that started somthing or is interested please reply
Thanks
Denis
September 19-22, 2005 * San Francisco, CA * Development Lifecycle
Practices
Post by madden madden
Agile & Plan-Driven Development * Managing Projects & Teams * Testing &
QA
Post by madden madden
Security * Process Improvement & Measurement *
http://www.sqe.com/bsce5sf