[BitPim-devel] Auto update code bug
Roger Binns
2005-03-25 05:32:58 UTC
I get this on startup:

File "C:\projects\bitpim\gui.py", line 432, in CheckUpdate
int(last_update[6:]))
ValueError: month must be in 1..12

Frame CheckUpdate in C:\projects\bitpim\gui.py at line 432
self = <gui.MainApp; proxy of C++ wxPyApp instance at _f0ce8300_p_wxPyApp>
update_rate = u'Weekly'
last_update = u'20052303'

Roger
d***@netzero.com
2005-03-25 06:20:24 UTC
last_update = u'20052303'
The month and day values are reversed, it must have happened in one of my earlier code versions. Can you please clear out the last_update entry and try again, and let me know if it's still a problem.

Thanks,

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!
Roger Binns
2005-03-25 06:34:03 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
Post by Roger Binns
last_update = u'20052303'
The month and day values are reversed, it must have happened in
one of my earlier code versions. Can you please clear out the
last_update entry and try again, and let me know if it's still a problem.
I editted it the correct way round and that fixed it. BTW the
"there are no updates" dialog also makes the error sound on my
machine and really should be silent and more an informational
thing.

2005-03-25 06:59:29 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
Post by Roger Binns
last_update = u'20052303'
The month and day values are reversed, it must have happened in
one of my earlier code versions. Can you please clear out the
last_update entry and try again, and let me know if it's still a problem.
I editted it the correct way round and that fixed it. BTW the
"there are no updates" dialog also makes the error sound on my
machine and really should be silent and more an informational
thing.
Can you please double check your code for bugs? There are other
posts coming in from users about this (they are rejected for
not being members of the group). Maybe it is a locale issue?

Roger
d***@netzero.com
2005-03-25 19:26:01 UTC
Can you please double check your code for bugs? There are other
posts coming in from users about this
It was a bug in 7.28, which was corrected in 7.29.
Post by Roger Binns
BTW the "there are no updates" dialog also makes the error sound on my
machine and really should be silent and more an informationa thing.
I'm using the standard message dialog, I'll look into options to change/turn off the sound.