[BitPim-devel] ascii table
Allen Hancock
2007-02-28 12:38:14 UTC
Hello again,

where in the src am I likely to find the ascii table which is
referenced in interpreting the data from the phone?

I would like to add a symbol for use in interpreting "2E" which
should be the degree symbol, but instead is throwing bitpim for a loop.

Thanks
Joe Pham
2007-02-28 21:58:37 UTC
Post by Allen Hancock
I would like to add a symbol for use in interpreting "2E" which
should be the degree symbol, but instead is throwing bitpim for a
loop.
Not so much of an ASCII table, but rather which Unicode charset
should be used? What phone are you using and what data field is
causing the problem?

FREE Reminder Service - NEW from AmericanGreetings.com
Click HERE and never forget a Birthday or Anniversary again!
http://track.netzero.net/s/lc?s=197335&u=http://www.americangreetings.com/products/online_calendar.pd?c=uol5752
Allen Hancock
2007-02-28 22:54:55 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Post by Allen Hancock
I would like to add a symbol for use in interpreting "2E" which
should be the degree symbol, but instead is throwing bitpim for a
loop.
Not so much of an ASCII table, but rather which Unicode charset
should be used? What phone are you using and what data field is
causing the problem?
It is a Sanyo PM-8200

there is an SMS in the sent which has the degree symbol in it.

It shows in the log as:

30 b0 21

30 = !
b0 = the degree symbol
21 = !

When bitpim gets to this, it stops with a warning where I can abort
or continue.

Aborting, well, aborts ;-)

Continuing doesn't add any entries to the database...

And while I have deleted it from the phone, it is still showing in
bitpim

Thanks
Joe Pham
2007-03-01 00:07:21 UTC
Post by Allen Hancock
It is a Sanyo PM-8200
there is an SMS in the sent which has the degree symbol in it.
My guess is that Stephen would need to update the code to handle the
SMS Unicode field.