[BitPim-devel] LG U990
David Williams
2007-12-18 16:59:54 UTC
Hi folks,

I've recently been looking into accessing the LG U990 Viewty file system and through my research I've discovered that its roots are in CDMA. That being the case I've been playing with various BitPim phone selections and it seems as though I can 'read' the file system using the 8700/9400 phone settings but cannot make changes to key files.

On various other phones in the vx range it's possible to set the phone to NV Edit mode vie LG Download and then from there access the file system of the phone using BitPim/QPST so I'm thinking that the "Blocked by provider" error message isn't one of actually being prevented from accessing the system but more of a handshake issue?

So...

I'd like to start work on a new addition to BitPim for this device. Having read the basic BitPim Dev overview I get the idea of the steps needed for me to do so (i.e. starting with the 4400 as it's the most feature complete) and using the 9400 as the connection seems to be roughly correct.

Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as I'd like to contribute to Bitpim if poss...

Thanks,

David
Joe Pham
2007-12-19 02:36:57 UTC
Post by David Williams
Any pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated as
I�d like to contribute to Bitpim if poss�
Just post any questions that you may have and we'd try to help as much as we can. btw, what carrier do you have?

Kaiser Permanente Affordable Plans
Quality health care coverage for individuals and families.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/JKFkuJO6ZVNk7yPpxPrMia8G64EbvivotC6gQ81Sx7MUrcW4ZaT50g/
David Williams
2007-12-19 10:23:48 UTC
I'm on '3' in the UK :)

Joe Pham
2007-12-19 22:11:25 UTC
Post by David Williams
I'm on '3' in the UK :)
I assume this is a GSM phone?

Kaiser Permanente Individual/Family
Quality health care coverage with a choice of affordable plans.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/JKFkuJO6ZRKvjyGfazlz17Fg3laKM8l5KOrUfHbuMhsBn2rOHRwulm/
David Williams
2007-12-20 10:08:52 UTC
Yes it's a GSM phone, however the main system seems to run pretty closely to the vx9400.

Dave