[BitPim-devel] DSV Update?
Joe Pham
2007-01-08 23:05:33 UTC
wxPython 2.8_ printed a deprecation warning off DSV. It's simple to
fix, but the package is no longer maintained. What are our options?

FREE Reminder Service - NEW from AmericanGreetings.com
Click HERE and never forget a Birthday or Anniversary again!
http://track.netzero.net/s/lc?s=197335&u=http://www.americangreetings.com/products/online_calendar.pd
Roger Binns
2007-01-09 00:32:40 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
wxPython 2.8_ printed a deprecation warning off DSV. It's simple to
fix, but the package is no longer maintained. What are our options?
There is a builtin csv python module from python 2.3 onwards. The only
issue with that module is that it works on bytes not characters, so
unicode seriously messes it up.

It may be possible to convert all text to utf-8, feed it to the module,
and then convert the results from utf-8 back to unicode.

2007-01-09 00:47:49 UTC
As a temporary step, if and when we move to wxPthon 2.8, can we just
fix this ourselves and make the changes available?

Roger Binns
2007-01-09 01:18:28 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
As a temporary step, if and when we move to wxPthon 2.8, can we just
fix this ourselves and make the changes available?
I believe DSV is only one file. There is no problem putting it
somewhere in the BitPim tree (eg src/thirdparty/DSV.py) and noting
license etc as well as changing the file.