[BitPim-devel] Call History Schema
d***@netzero.com
2005-04-06 02:09:45 UTC
I'm proposing the following schema for the Call Hisory design:

folder: ('incoming', 'outgoing', 'missed')
number: string
datetime: YYYYMMDDThhmmss

The display tab would just include a tree with 3 folders, with the leave nodes being displayed in the format of 'MMM DD, YYYY hh:mm:ss <Number>'. Phonebook lookup will be done when possible.

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!
Stephen Wood
2005-04-06 02:56:26 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
folder: ('incoming', 'outgoing', 'missed')
number: string
datetime: YYYYMMDDThhmmss
Shouldn't we be saving dates/times as a tuple or as a BPTime object,
rather than a Samsung specific format? (The same for todo?)

Stephen
d***@netzero.com
2005-04-06 03:06:26 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
Shouldn't we be saving dates/times as a tuple or as a BPTime object,
rather than a Samsung specific format? (The same for todo?)
We certainly can, any one of those formats would be ok. btw, YYYMMDDThhmmss is not really a Samsung specific format, it is an ISO format, which Samsung chose to use.

Roger Binns
2005-04-06 04:24:59 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
folder: ('incoming', 'outgoing', 'missed')
Also add 'data'.

Roger
d***@netzero.com
2005-04-06 19:11:50 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
Shouldn't we be saving dates/times as a tuple or as a BPTime object,
rather than a Samsung specific format? (The same for todo?)
Roger, any opinion on Stephen's suggestion?

d***@netzero.com
2005-04-06 19:58:26 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
Shouldn't we be saving dates/times as a tuple or as a BPTime object,
rather than a Samsung specific format? (The same for todo?)
How about: the datetime attribute would be able to accept any of the 3 formats, but internally, it would be stored as the ISO string format.

Roger Binns
2005-04-07 06:56:16 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
How about: the datetime attribute would be able to accept any of the 3
formats, but internally, it would be stored as the ISO string format.
Sounds fine to me. We just want to be careful about offering developers
too much choice since it bloats the code, makes it harder to maintain
and gives more places for bugs to hide.