[BitPim-devel] Metal Appearance on the Mac
Adit Panchal
2005-02-03 01:20:34 UTC
I got the Metal appearance on the Mac to work. If anyone wants to
enable it, the patch is a 1-liner in the attached diff file. I also
attached a screenshot if anyone is curious. If you guys like the
appearance better, maybe it could be put in the official build. With
respect to single window Mac applications (i.e. iTunes, Address Book,
etc), they are usually Metal, so giving BitPim a new coat of "paint"
would make it match the other applications.

By the way, you can see that for some reason, the Mac version likes to
mangle my toolbar buttons.

Adit
Roger Binns
2005-02-03 05:15:11 UTC
Post by Adit Panchal
I got the Metal appearance on the Mac to work. If anyone wants to
enable it, the patch is a 1-liner in the attached diff file.
I have applied it. (And it is a two line patch since this needs to
be enabled for Mac only). I personally find the look hideous but
it is the one true Apple way. And I won't rename it to iBitPim!
Post by Adit Panchal
By the way, you can see that for some reason, the Mac version likes to
mangle my toolbar buttons.
That is probably just a sizing issue. Any resizing of images with
those dimensions is going to make things look bad.

Roger
Vic Heintz
2005-02-03 13:49:56 UTC
Post by Adit Panchal
I got the Metal appearance on the Mac to work. If anyone wants to
enable it, the patch is a 1-liner in the attached diff file.
I have applied it. (And it is a two line patch since this needs to
be enabled for Mac only). I personally find the look hideous but
it is the one true Apple way. And I won't rename it to iBitPim!
There is no noticeable change to the GUI in Jaguar. Perhaps this is a
wxpython issue which will likely never be resolved.

Vic
Steven Palm
2005-02-03 14:27:34 UTC
Post by Vic Heintz
There is no noticeable change to the GUI in Jaguar. Perhaps this is a
wxpython issue which will likely never be resolved.
I think on Jaguar you had to roll-your-own window to get Metal,
Panther added the system-wide capability to turn it on with the flip of
a bit somewhere. ;-)