[Bitpim-devel] Speed Dials for VX4500
Tony Sirianni
2004-06-25 02:26:16 UTC
The speed dial assignment on the VX4500 is broken Speed dials get corrupted
in bitpim after performing a get data from phone. If you set the speed dial
in bitpim and send the phonebook to the phone the speed dials are all wrong
on the phone. I looked at the p_lgvx4500.p file and it appears to have the
wrong speed dial layout. The layout it is using is from the import of the
p_lgvx4400.p file. I think it should be using the same speed dial layout
as in the file p_lgvx6000.p.

Tony Sirianni
Roger Binns
2004-06-25 21:46:53 UTC
Post by Tony Sirianni
I think it should be using the same speed dial layout
as in the file p_lgvx6000.p.
I have made that change. Please test.

Note that I do not have access to a VX4500 nor have I ever actually
seen on in real life. I am relying *entirely* on reports from other
people about what works and doesn't and what changes need to be made.

Rpger
Tony Sirianni
2004-06-25 21:56:17 UTC
How do I test. Do I just wait for .7.14 or I there something other way to
get a build to test from?

Tony S.
2004-06-25 22:12:46 UTC
Post by Tony Sirianni
How do I test. Do I just wait for .7.14 or I there something other way to
get a build to test from?
Follow the instructions on the developer page to work from source.

Roger
Tony Sirianni
2004-06-26 04:31:06 UTC
I just got done testing the speed dial change for the LG VX4500. Looks
good. Speed dials can now be read and set correctly for this phone.
Thanks!!

Tony