[BitPim-devel] Deprecation of LG TM520/VX10
Alan Gonzalez
2005-04-14 20:51:39 UTC
Is there something changing in the low level api that will break this phone?
The last release seemed to still work. I'm not sure how much longer I'll own
mine, yet I just used this support a week ago to offload my contacts. Albeit
not everything was working, but it still was able to take off the contacts
list.

Just wanted to let you know that that one person was using this functionality.
Though I won't be all that impacted if support left. I can continue using the
version I have.

Alan
This is notice that I will be removing support for the LG TM520/VX10
from BitPim in the release following today's unless someone steps
forward to maintain it.
2005-04-16 19:39:32 UTC
Post by Alan Gonzalez
Is there something changing in the low level api that will break this phone?
The last release seemed to still work.
I wasn't aware it still worked and had expected the code to break due to the
changes over the last year or so.

As long as someone is still keeping an eye on this, that is fine. It also
doesn't share much (if any) code with the other LG phones and so won't
benefit from their continuing updates.