[BitPim-devel] More patches
Nathan Hjelm
2007-07-10 15:40:54 UTC
VX-9400 patch:
- Fixed phonebook exception when the user has contact rintone/picture ids.
- Use BREW2 speedup (can be applied without the Brew2 patch)

Brew2:
- Added BREW_READ_SIZE and BREW_WRITE_SIZE to control the packet sizes used by getfilecontents and writefile
- Use Brew2 speedup on the VX-8700
- Fixed a bug in getfilesystem (file type 0xf appears indicate a special file).

The Brew2 speedup would probably work with the VX-8500, VX-8600, VX-9800, VX-9900 (using Brew2), and perhaps others. It might also be possible to increase the packet sizes used by Brew1.

-Nathan
Joe Pham
2007-07-13 20:55:16 UTC
Committed.
Committed with minor changes.
Post by Nathan Hjelm
file type 0xf appears indicate a special file
What exactly does type 0xf mean, and why do you set a 'locked' flag
for it?

Save hundreds of dollars a year with NetZero Internet access.
Plans start as low as $9.95 a month. Visit NetZero today!
http://track.netzero.net/s/lc?u=http://ads.addynamix.com/click/2-2130420-238
Nathan Hjelm
2007-07-13 21:21:50 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
What exactly does type 0xf mean, and why do you set a 'locked' flag
for it?
On my phone there are several files in /nvm/num that have file type 0xf. I set a locked flag because I assumed that these files are simply locked and there seems to be no way Bitpim can access them. Type 0xf could also just mean special file as /dev.null has that type as well.

-Nathan
Joe Pham
2007-07-13 21:56:18 UTC
Post by Nathan Hjelm
On my phone there are several files in /nvm/num that have file type
0xf. I set a locked flag because I assumed that these files are
simply locked and there seems to be no way Bitpim can access them.
Type 0xf could also just mean special file as /dev.null has that
type as well.
Unless we can do something about this special type of files, I'd
suggest we'd either ignore it or flag it for possible later use.
When users try to access then, they'd get the same typical error(s).

Joe Pham
2007-07-16 00:49:02 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Unless we can do something about this special type of files, I'd
suggest we'd either ignore it or flag it for possible later use.
When users try to access then, they'd get the same typical error(s).
I guess we'd ignore then.

Nathan Hjelm

2007-07-17 23:18:01 UTC
Post by Nathan Hjelm
I would prefer it if these special files were not flagged as
directories
You can ignore them.