[BitPim-devel] Wallpaper Image Preview Dialog
Adit Panchal
2005-03-05 07:19:46 UTC
I was playing with the image preview dialog and noticed that it always
defaults to a dialog size of about 218 x 657. Now this is not a
significant problem, but in order to use the window, one either has to
manually stretch it or press maximize. This initial behavior is due to
the window being fitted to the outer sizer. I commented that out and
put in a fixed size of 800 x 700 when the dialog is created. This seems
to be about the size of a square and one can start to use it right
away.

This happens on both Windows and on the Mac. Pics and diff included
(Mac pics only).

Thanks,

Adit
Roger Binns
2005-03-07 08:20:37 UTC
Post by Adit Panchal
I was playing with the image preview dialog and noticed that it always
defaults to a dialog size of about 218 x 657.
More accurately it fitted itself to the size of the widgets inside.
Post by Adit Panchal
I commented that out and put in a fixed size of 800 x 700
Fixed sizes are generally really bad. We already have a system
in the code for setting and remembering dialog/window sizes.
Use guiwidgets.set_size and guiwidgets.save_size

They aren't used in some circumstances where the dialog/window
has various numbers of widgets (eg dependent on other config
settings) and window should be sized to the contents.