[BitPim-devel] detecting unsupported phones
Simon C
2005-10-21 05:50:12 UTC
When a phone is not a supported phone the detect feature will report that no
phone is detected.

What do you think about changing this so that if an unknown brew phone is
detected it reports "Other CDMA Phone" instead.

Simon
Joe Pham
2005-10-21 16:42:19 UTC
if an unknown brew phone is detected it reports “Other CDMA Phone”
instead
That sounds reasonable.

Revolutionize the way you surf the Web!
Try NetZero HiSpeed 3G.
Visit http://www.netzero.com to sign up today!
Roger Binns
2005-10-24 01:34:33 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
if an unknown brew phone is detected it reports “Other CDMA Phone”
instead
That sounds reasonable.
Unless they are using a GSM phone :-)

Instead it may be possible to write a detection routine for 'Other CDMA
Phone' that just sees if Brew mode can be entered. However care would
need to be taken to ensure it is the very last one run.

Roger
Simon C
2005-10-24 03:53:13 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
if an unknown brew phone is detected it reports "Other CDMA Phone"
instead
That sounds reasonable.
Unless they are using a GSM phone :-)
Instead it may be possible to write a detection routine for 'Other CDMA
Phone' that just sees if Brew mode can be entered. However care would
need to be taken to ensure it is the very last one run.
Yes, I added a check for brew mode after all other tests returned negative,
it is a separate function that runs only if no phone is detected. It also
uses the results of the other phone's tests so it will not go out and probe
the ports again, I thought that could do weird things.

Simon