[Bitpim-devel] Wallpaper resizing
Stephen Wood
2004-06-03 19:39:43 UTC
The BitPim wallpaper code resizes pictures to fit the dimensions of the
screen for whatever phone is in use. It doesn't resize if both
dimensions are not over 20% larger than the screen size. This is
apparantly because the LG phones will accept slightly larger images. I
believe the Sanyo phones will also tolerate slightly oversized images
when downloaded over the internet. However, pictures uploaded by cable,
for the particular phone I am working with, must be within the screen
dimensions, or else they are rejected.

Can we make the allowed overage be a profile parameter?

Stephen
Roger Binns
2004-06-05 01:01:09 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
The BitPim wallpaper code resizes pictures to fit the dimensions of the
screen for whatever phone is in use. It doesn't resize if both
dimensions are not over 20% larger than the screen size. This is
apparantly because the LG phones will accept slightly larger images. I
believe the Sanyo phones will also tolerate slightly oversized images
when downloaded over the internet. However, pictures uploaded by cable,
for the particular phone I am working with, must be within the screen
dimensions, or else they are rejected.
Can we make the allowed overage be a profile parameter?
I think the best solution is for the image information to be passed
to a profile function which returns what to do with it, including
resizing and file format. That will also help cope with the case
where there are two image sizes such as on the LG (normal screen and
full screen).

The function can also look at things like the origin parameter
and hence do different things for camera images vs other stuff.

I'll make the change once this next build is gone out.