[BitPim-devel] Updated code for the PM325
Brent Roettger
2006-03-08 06:00:05 UTC
Hey everyone,

I spent some time over the last week working on updating the code for the LG
PM325.
Phone detection now seems to be working correctly unless I plug the phone in
while bitpim is running. I wonder if it is related to the phone delay that
someone mentioned for the PM225?

I have got most of the reading of data from the phone working thanks to the
author of the PM225 code. I noticed that some of my phonebook data was not
being written correctly, so I have not enabled any writing to the phone at
this time.

Please feel free to test it out and let me know how it is working so far.

Stephen - Can you please check in the updated files in the attached zip
file?

Thanks,

Brent Roettger
Simon C
2006-03-08 14:54:56 UTC
Post by Brent Roettger
I have got most of the reading of data from the phone working
thanks to the author of the PM225 code. I noticed that some
of my phonebook data was not being written correctly, so I
have not enabled any writing to the phone at this time.
Did you consider inheriting the code from the the pm225 module rather than
duplicating it, it would save you about 1K lines.

What problems are you having with the phonebook writing, could this be a
latent 225 issue as well?

Simon
Brent Roettger
2006-03-08 15:40:52 UTC
I will have to look into inheriting from the PM 225 after I get back from
vacation.

I doubt the writing of the phonebook is an issue with the 225, my code for
the phonebook was written before the 225 code existed. The problem is that
some phone numbers are getting written to the wrong contact. Again, I will
look into it next weekend after I get back from vacation.

Brent
latent 225 issue as well?
Stephen Wood
2006-03-08 15:49:00 UTC
Post by Brent Roettger
I will have to look into inheriting from the PM 225 after I get back from
vacation.
In the meantime I have checked your code into the Subversion respository.

Make sure that you use Subversion instead of CVS to get the BitPim source.
We are no longer updating the CVS.

Thanks, Stephen