[BitPim-devel] 0.7.33 build
Roger Binns
2005-05-24 06:13:48 UTC
Are there enough changes to do this build tomorrow (Tuesday) night?
If not, we'll wait till next Wednesday.

2005-05-24 12:11:13 UTC
Are there enough changes to do this build tomorrow (Tuesday) night
If not, we'll wait till next Wednesday.
Nothing urgent for/from me, I can wait 'till next week.

Get NetZero Platinum for as low as $4.97/month!
Visit http://www.netzero.com/half to sign up today!
Roger Binns
2005-05-25 04:55:52 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Nothing urgent for/from me, I can wait 'till next week.
I guess we will do it next week then :-) I'll go back to LG SMS.

Can you and/or Stephen please fixup all the types used for AT
style commands? (I want to start on GSM soon).

In particular I suggest changing things like SAMSTRING and SAMINT
to use a different prefix (eg QUOTED or CSV)

You can still keep your existing names by doing something like this
in the relevant places:

import prototypes
SAMSTRING=CSVSTRING
SAMINT=CSVINT

Roger
Stephen Wood
2005-05-25 05:18:58 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Nothing urgent for/from me, I can wait 'till next week.
I guess we will do it next week then :-) I'll go back to LG SMS.
Can you and/or Stephen please fixup all the types used for AT
style commands? (I want to start on GSM soon).
I'll do that. I don't think Joe is using packet definitions for the
AT commands.

Stephen
Stephen Wood
2005-05-27 17:45:44 UTC
Roger:

I changed everything from SAM* to CSV*.

Don't feel that you have to keep existing functionality of the
prototypes constant. As long as I can still do what I need to do for
the Samsung phones, I'll modify my code if you make changes to the
prototypes to make them better or more consistent.

One thing I would like to do is get rid of the need to put
{'terminator': None} for the last item of a csv string. Can a type in
prototypes.py know if if it is the last item in a PACKET definition?
If not, perhaps end of string can always be a valid terminator. If a
csv string terminates early, then later items in the packet definition
will cause errors.

Stephen
Roger Binns
2005-05-28 04:34:57 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
One thing I would like to do is get rid of the need to put
{'terminator': None} for the last item of a csv string. Can a type in
prototypes.py know if if it is the last item in a PACKET definition?
If not, perhaps end of string can always be a valid terminator. If a
csv string terminates early, then later items in the packet definition
will cause errors.
It wouldn't be practical to pass a special parameter to the last item
since then all types would have to support it.

If the string is in a prototypes.buffer then things are pretty simple.
You can call buffer.hasmore() to know if it has any more data. You
can then do as your plan - allow end of string as a valid terminator
and have items fail if you are already at the end of string when
they start. In theory you might also be able to abuse this if
there is ever a need to have optional items on the end since
they could allow being started at the end of string.

Roger
Stephen Wood
2005-05-28 04:53:10 UTC
On 5/28/05, Roger Binns <***@rogerbinns.com> wrote:
It wouldn't be practical to pass a special parameter to the last item
since then all types would have to support it.
That is in fact what I do for all the CSV types (all of which are
deived from CSVSTRING). So every packet definition has that special
parameter on the last item. But I don't like it so I will experiment
with what you suggest.

Stephen