[Bitpim-devel] (no subject)
P***@aol.com
2003-03-13 04:40:44 UTC
Im getting this error:

An unexpected exception has occurred.
Please report the following information to the developers

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "gui.pyo", line 180, in run
File "gui.pyo", line 121, in __call__
File "gui.pyo", line 736, in getdata
File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 230, in getwallpapers
File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 505, in setmode
File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 528, in _setmodebrew
File "com_lgvx4400.pyo", line 540, in _setmodelgdmgo
File "commport.pyo", line 40, in setbaudrate
File "serial\serialwin32.pyo", line 186, in setBaudrate
error: (87, 'SetCommState', 'The parameter is incorrect.')

Will someone please help Me ASAP I am trying so hard to get this to work!!
sorry if this has been answered before or something! Thank you in advance!
P***@aol.com
2003-03-13 04:45:03 UTC
I deleted and reinstalled the program and it gives me a warning no type
selected then says the same thing almost

An unexpected exception has occurred.
Please report the following information to the developers

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 20, in ?
File "gui.pyo", line 238, in run
File "gui.pyo", line 222, in __init__
File "gui.pyo", line 373, in __init__
File "gui.pyo", line 527, in OnPopulateEverythingFromDisk
File "guiwidgets.pyo", line 807, in populate
File "wxPython\image.pyo", line 252, in GetWidth
wxPyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed in
e:\projects\wx\src\common\image.cpp(720): invalid image
Roger Binns
2003-03-13 05:06:04 UTC
Post by P***@aol.com
wxPyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed in
e:\projects\wx\src\common\image.cpp(720): invalid image
Delete My Documents\bitpim\wallpaper

This error occurs because XP helpfully dumps some extra files
in the directory without me asking (specifically thumbs.db).
Bitpim then falls over trying to read it.

Fixed in 0.5

2003-03-13 05:05:00 UTC
Post by P***@aol.com
File "serial\serialwin32.pyo", line 186, in setBaudrate
error: (87, 'SetCommState', 'The parameter is incorrect.')
This is because whatever you told bitpim is a com port isn't a
com port. Change it in Edit -> Settings. You need to restart
bitpim for it to pick up the new setting.

Roger
P***@aol.com
2003-03-13 05:27:01 UTC
I am trying all the ports....I can't get it to let me
Roger Binns
2003-03-13 05:38:18 UTC
Post by P***@aol.com
I am trying all the ports....I can't get it to let me
On Windows 98/ME:

Control Panel -> System -> Device Manager

Scroll down to Ports (COM and LPT)

Look for one labelled USB to Serial Port

On Windows 2000/XP:

Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager

Scroll down to Ports (COM & LPT)

Look for one labelled Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port

I use the Radio Shack cable which uses the prolific drivers. Other vendors
cables will have different names, but they should be similar.

Roger
P***@aol.com
2003-03-13 05:28:38 UTC
If you are on could we email without this post so you can talk me through it?
I appreciate everything
P***@aol.com
2003-03-13 05:38:09 UTC
Okay-it tells me it will be on COM4-so i select it, but it says access is
denied.
Roger Binns
2003-03-13 06:48:57 UTC
Post by P***@aol.com
Okay-it tells me it will be on COM4-so i select it, but it says access is
denied.
Restart bitpim after selecting com4.

If you still get access denied then Windows doesn't want you to use that
port. You may need to be administrator or power user or something.
It may also have been grabbed by another program such as Palm sychronizer.

Roger
P***@aol.com
2003-03-14 00:01:52 UTC
Does anyone know any ringer sites?
Bruce Wahler
2003-03-17 21:47:02 UTC

I'm interested in trying to port Bit-PIM to the VX10. Has anybody started this effort? Where do I begin?

My background:

- 25+ years hardware, firmware, and software development
- C, assembler, BASIC programmer; also FORTRAN and PL/1 (years ago!)
- performing musician well versed in MIDI data formats
- design engineer/consultant by day

Regards,

-BW

--
Bruce Wahler
Design Consultant
***@ashbysolutions.com
Roger Binns
2003-03-18 00:17:04 UTC
Post by Bruce Wahler
I'm interested in trying to port Bit-PIM to the VX10.
Has anybody started this effort? Where do I begin?
You are the first :-) Do you want to do your work on
Windows or Linux?
Post by Bruce Wahler
- 25+ years hardware, firmware, and software development
- C, assembler, BASIC programmer; also FORTRAN and PL/1 (years ago!)
bitpim is written in Python which is a simple object oriented
programming language.

Choose view on this:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/bitpim/bitpim/com_lgvx4400.py

Look through the whole file and decide if you would understand
enough to make minor tweaks. There are several tutorials at
http://www.python.org/doc/Newbies.html
Post by Bruce Wahler
- performing musician well versed in MIDI data formats
That will come in VERY handy when I move onto enhancing the
ringtone stuff. I am going to need to convert files to
type 0 format, figure out how long they are, and chop
the file to start and end at certain points.