[BitPim-devel] Phone Video Format
d***@netzero.com
2005-01-18 04:55:25 UTC
Roger, what's the format of your phone videos and how do you plan to handle them? For the A670, each video is a series of jpeg images which need to be downloaded and combined together. I ask because if the formats are similar, we don't want to duplicate work. For the A670, I plan to use something like jpegtoavi to make the video from the images. Any suggestions?

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!
Roger Binns
2005-01-18 05:57:19 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
Roger, what's the format of your phone videos and how do you plan to
handle them? For the A670, each video is a series of jpeg images which
need to be downloaded and combined together.
For the LG VX7000 (and the phones Stephen mentioned IIRC) the
file is in a generic MPEG container format. The video codec
is MPEG4 and the audio codec is PureVoice. ffmpeg understands
the video, but not the audio. Windows Media Player will play
the video only, and Quicktime (for Windows) will play audio
and video. I'll email you a file to have a look at. I
can't see any way in ffmpeg of extracting the raw audio data
so we could throw it at pvconv.