[BitPim-devel] Wallpaper & Image Preview Dialog
d***@netzero.com
2005-03-09 19:40:17 UTC
Roger, your Image Preview Dialog is working out very nicely. A couple of suggestions:

1. Add a stock target "raw" or "unprocessed" for sending raw/unprocessed images to the phone.
2. On the Wallpaper context menu, make the 'Organize by' selection persistent, probably storing in config.

Speed up your surfing with NetZero HiSpeed.
Now includes pop-up blocker!
Only $14.95/month -visit http://www.netzero.com/surf to sign up today!
Roger Binns
2005-03-11 08:23:20 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
1. Add a stock target "raw" or "unprocessed" for sending
raw/unprocessed images to the phone.
I had intended to do this all along and had two issues. The first
is what to label the button. Your pennance for bringing this up
is to come up with a good one :-)

The second is where to put it in relation to the other buttons.
As you may have noticed the various platforms order ok/cancel/help
in different ways. I wanted this button on the left or right
of those as appropriate for the platform.

You should now be able to guess the motivation behind my message in
this:

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.python.wxpython.devel/1280
Post by d***@netzero.com
2. On the Wallpaper context menu, make the 'Organize by' selection
persistent, probably storing in config.
Yup. BTW what do most people do/prefer for the organize. (I am
a bad test case since I only change my pictures every six months
and only changed ringtones once a month after I got my phone over
two years ago!)

Roger
d***@netzero.com
2005-03-11 13:54:38 UTC
I had intended to do this all along and had two issues. The first
is what to label the button. Your pennance for bringing this up
is to come up with a good one :-)
I think we may not need a button for this. If a target specifies a None format, that would signify that this is a "raw" target and would need no further processing.
Post by Roger Binns
what do most people do/prefer for the organize
I myself prefer Organized by Origin mode.

Roger Binns
2005-03-11 17:43:11 UTC
Post by d***@netzero.com
I think we may not need a button for this. If a target specifies a
None format, that would signify that this is a "raw" target and would
need no further processing.
Targets are phone specific and this is a general feature. I remembered
how I wanted to do it. Something like if you hold down ctrl or shift
while adding, the files are added exactly as is. That will let the
experts do whatever they want, while real users still get a
good unconfusing experience.

I suggest (re)reading this:

http://www.cooper.com/articles/art_goal_directed_design.htm

I would be overjoyed if someone used BitPim and never knew or cared
what formats their phone used. Quite frankly, why should anyone
need to know?
Post by d***@netzero.com
Post by Roger Binns
what do most people do/prefer for the organize
I myself prefer Organized by Origin mode.
Origin should really be the default. The other thing I have to
plugin at some point is that the wallpaper display widget supports
different thumbnail sizes for each section.