[BitPim-devel] VX-8700 Groups patch
Nathan Hjelm
2008-07-15 22:09:22 UTC
Joe, your changes to the group read/write for the VX-9100 are relevant to the VX-8700, VX-8550, VX-8800, etc. The size of pbgroup.dat and the values for unknown1 (user_added) are the same.

Attached is a patch that moves the VX-9100 group read/write into the VX-8700. I also moved up the media functions. I did not include any changes to generated files.

I have a VX-8560 now (HPE entry calls it the VX-8610) and I will have a patch ready this evening. I may move your phonebook changes into the VX-8550 com file (if the code works with my test phones) to keep the inheritance clean.

-Nathan
Joe Pham
2008-07-16 03:12:25 UTC
Post by Nathan Hjelm
Attached is a patch that moves the VX-9100 group read/write into the
VX-8700.
Thanks for the patch. It'll be in the next test release, which would be next Monday btw. I assume you or one of your helpers had a chance to test this out?

Smart Girls Secret Weapon
Read Unbiased Beauty Product Reviews, Get Helpful Tips, Tricks and Sam
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/JKFkuJO6p0CbY0Asyv9Kgbvu8rDzytNh1VTVc9O0q0UJIANGs4M7II/
Nathan Hjelm
2008-07-16 16:55:11 UTC
Yes, it works on the 8700, 8550, and 10000. I haven't tested it on the 8800 but that phone is nearly identical to the 10000.

Attached is an updated version of the patch that moves DEBUG1 to com_lgvx8700.py. I forgot to move it before I ran diff.

I am also attaching a patch which corrects the issue where dev.null (and other special files) are treated as directories. Special files have type 0x0f in the directory listing.

I am almost finished moving your new phonebook code into com_lgvx8550.py. The VX-8550 also has a HPE entry and a record_id.dat file as does the VX-10000. I should have a patch tested and ready this evening once I figure out a good way to handle malformed yet valid phone number entries.

-Nathan
2008-07-17 03:23:22 UTC
Post by Nathan Hjelm
malformed yet valid phone number entries.
That sounds contradictory. Do you have an example?

Click to become a master chef, own a restaurant and make millions.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/Ioyw6ijmPlRp4ckt2w1oS8GUalk2QVrggkuuUTB4TGW3pCcuCT0otu/
Nathan Hjelm
2008-07-17 03:48:28 UTC
Stupid SF doesn't allow sending .zip.
Date: July 16, 2008 9:44:46 PM MDT
Subject: Re: [BitPim-devel] VX-8700 Groups patch and other stuff
Yes. two entries in my pbnumber.dat file do not start with <PN> (nor
end with </PN>) yet the phone continues to use the entry's phone
number. When I change the phone number in the phone it updates the
entry's phone number and nothing else. I think it is a bug in the
phone's software that creates these entries. Here is an example
98 B5 96 01 DB D7 07 07 00 1B 00 10 00 38 00 0C
00 B6 96 01 A5 B6 96 01 98 03 00 00 55 55 55 55
55 F2 00 16 00 13 00 1D 00 B6 96 01 20 77 69 02
3C 03 00 00 33 92 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 13
Also, attached is a massive patch that does the following (sorry I
- Moves group code from vx-9100 to vx-8700 (tested)
- Moves phonebook code from vx-9100 to vx-8550 (tested)
- Handles malformed phone number entries (tested)
- Adds ICE support (thanks to Aaron) to the VX-8550 and above (tested)
- Adds VX-9700 support (thanks Mark for the help) (tested)
- Adds preliminary VX-8560 support (tested)
- Adds SMS support for VX-9100/VX-8560/VX-9700 (tested on two of the
3)
Maybe more that I am missing. Take a look at it.
-Nathan
Post by Joe Pham
Post by Nathan Hjelm
malformed yet valid phone number entries.
That sounds contradictory. Do you have an example?
challenge
Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win
great prizes
Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in
the world