[BitPim-devel] SMS Sent box: Incorrect Date/Time MM-7500
-= Delphicoder =-
2007-06-14 04:30:17 UTC
Phone: MM-7500
Bitpim version: Latest available (1.0.0 - June 12 release)

SMS Sent Box: Displays the wrong date/time.

SMS boxes in general: Have a relatively small limit (approx. 75-100) of SMS messages it can archive.

Example (date/time issue notwithstanding):

Bitpim retrieves SMS messages, and are then cleared off of phone for test purposes. New messages are received on the phone (say 20) and then have Bitpim try to archive those. The reading/parsing process takes place, but no new messages are entered into the Bitpim database as the limit has been reached. No error messages are displayed (pop-up or in the log.)

Perhaps most users use Bitpim to load/recover ringtones, pics, etc., which would explain why the issue persists (ie. little to no bug reports.)

To the devs: I believe it was version 0.9.15 that had the SMS inbox date/time issue resolved, but still persists in the "Sent" folder.

---------------------------------
Stephen Wood
2007-06-14 14:32:01 UTC
I don't have access to a 7500, but it is likely that the problems are not
specific to that phone.

For the wrong data/time, could you do a protocol log while reding SMS
messages. Don't send me the whole log, just find the place where the packet
with a Sent message is read and tell me what the date and time for that
message should be.

I don't quite understand the other problem. BitPim certainly doesn't have a
limit on how many SMS messages that it can hold. Could you describe them
problem again?

It may be related to a problem that I don't believe that I was ever able to
solve. For some message type (I forget which, maybe Inbox), I was never
able to find a flag which indicates whether a given message slot is in use
or not. So when that message got deleted on the phone, BitPim would still
read it.

Stephen