[Bitpim-devel] Phonebook record
Stephen Wood
2003-10-30 21:56:18 UTC
Here is a sample record from phonebook/index.idx after import from a
SCP-4900. Should I be supressing fields that are blank from this
structure?

11:
{
'emails': [{'email': ''}],
'names': [{'full': 'Dodd Violin'}],
'numbers': [{'type': 'home', 'number': ''}, {'type': 'office',
'number': '1111111111'}, {'type': 'mobile', 'number': ''}, {'type':
'pager', 'number': ''}, {'type': 'data', 'number': ''}, {'type': 'fax',
'number': ''}, {'type': 'other', 'number': ''}],
'serials': [{'serial2': 11, 'serial1': 11, 'sourcetype':
'scp4900', 'sourceuniqueid':
'ffffffff955cb196e5dbc20be8029883ffffffff'}],
'urls': [{'url': ''}],
},
Roger Binns
2003-10-30 23:00:57 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
Here is a sample record from phonebook/index.idx after import from a
SCP-4900. Should I be supressing fields that are blank from this
structure?
Yes. Also note that the fields are in priority order. For example
if saving to a device that only supports two numbers then the first
two would be picked.
Incidentally the key is just a random number. If BitPim ever
moves to needing a real database, then it will be used as the
key for the record. Currently it is just decoration.
Post by Stephen Wood
'ffffffff955cb196e5dbc20be8029883ffffffff'}],
Does the phone actually have two serial numbers? The 4400 has two
serials per entry which are always the same, but I currently export
both in case they are different one day.

Roger
Stephen Wood
2003-10-31 00:37:45 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
Here is a sample record from phonebook/index.idx after import from a
SCP-4900. Should I be supressing fields that are blank from this
structure?
Yes. Also note that the fields are in priority order. For example
if saving to a device that only supports two numbers then the first
two would be picked.
The priority could just be the order on the phone,
home/office/mobile/pager/data/fax/other, or will bitpim have a defined
or user configurable priority?
Post by Roger Binns
Does the phone actually have two serial numbers? The 4400 has two
serials per entry which are always the same, but I currently export
both in case they are different one day.
The packet has two numbers. The first number is probably just parotting
back the slot number that was requested and the second is what the phone
fills in. The second number might be zero if that particular slot has
never been used, but I am not sure.

Steve
2003-10-31 01:08:17 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
Post by Roger Binns
Yes. Also note that the fields are in priority order. For example
if saving to a device that only supports two numbers then the first
two would be picked.
The priority could just be the order on the phone,
home/office/mobile/pager/data/fax/other, or will bitpim have a defined
or user configurable priority?
The user will be able to change the order in the user interface.
For phones such as the 4400 where it stores 5 numbers (each can be
of any type) or the Palm desktop which stores 4 details (email or
phone number), they will really care about the order.
Post by Stephen Wood
The packet has two numbers. The first number is probably just parotting
back the slot number that was requested and the second is what the phone
fills in. The second number might be zero if that particular slot has
never been used, but I am not sure.
The 4400 uses the serials to index voice and speed dials.

Roger
Stephen Wood
2003-10-31 02:07:29 UTC
The 4400 uses the serials to index voice and speed dials.
The Sanyo 4900 also does the same. They are also used in a big phone
number -> Name index that the phone needs for caller ID. I think it is
the responsibility of sync software to keep this index up todate when
modifying the phone book.