[BitPim-devel] Support for VX9100 phonebook in svn
Joe Pham
2008-07-04 05:26:26 UTC
Please post any issues you found.

Sweepstakes!!!
Enter for your chance to WIN a summer spa getaway!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/JKFkuJO6pfzr9oevxXo0Z46fz8gbH7kE05KBU351dy9gWThoSXn9li/
Aaron G. Stemen
2008-07-04 15:06:11 UTC
It could be because my phone book is corrupted, but it errors out on
me. Here are the protocol logs from both the read and write.

I really need to add that last entry back into the phone book. Joe, can
you post the HPE entry from your phone book so I can append it to mine?

-Aaron
2008-07-04 16:20:26 UTC
Your pim/pbgroup.dat file is malformed, probably due to previous testing. Here's a copy that you can try.

Summer Spa Sweepstakes
Enter for your chance to WIN a Summer Spa Vacation!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/JKFkuJO6pXuXCQn15qjAaqa7f7e2fUuPtb7hYF9fRHb8i856iv3QRu/
Aaron G. Stemen
2008-07-04 18:19:00 UTC
While I'm sure my phone book stuff is still a little messed up, I did
make a couple of changes that allowed me to complete the read operation
from the phone book. I'm attaching that patch.

Also, I notice that if I add or delete phone book entries, it's not
keeping the ICE index entries up to date. So my ICE contacts sometimes
point elsewhere. The pbiceentry.dat file needs to be kept in sync when
additions or deletions are made to the phone book through Bitpim.

-A
2008-07-04 19:21:08 UTC
Post by Aaron G. Stemen
Also, I notice that if I add or delete phone book entries, it's not
keeping the ICE index entries up to date. So my ICE contacts
sometimes point elsewhere
Thanks for reporting the problem and the patch. You can give it a try from the latest svn. Not quite sure what to do yet about the ICE issue.

Click here for great computer networking solutions!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/Ioyw6ijnccbkYWA8vVoZcGaow31BhF5fjjafgW30yrm83odanMZVli/
Aaron G. Stemen
2008-07-04 20:14:47 UTC
The phone book read and write seem to work without issue now. Thank you!

As for the ICE, I have some ideas that need to be fleshed out. The
primary one that comes to mind is adding an index to the phone book
entry class that's an "ICE index entry". When the phone book is read
from or written to the phone, an additional step will have to be done to
read and write the pim/pbiceentry.dat file. Each ICE entry is 88 bytes
long, and the array is essentially static meaning that there are always
three entries, any of which may be populated with an ICE entry or not.
What I mean to say is that you can have ICE #3 but not #1 or #2, so the
app will have to take into account writing an all 0x00 entry.

If the phone book entry can't have a reference to the ICE entry, then a
sync process will have to be put in place whenever a phone number is
added or deleted, the ICE entries hash will have to be checked to see if
it's impacted. I think trying to do this will be more problematic, but
off the top of my head, I'm not sure that the former idea will be easy
to do.

If you want me to mock something up, I can work on it tomorrow probably.

-A
Aaron G. Stemen
2008-07-05 17:33:01 UTC
Okay Joe, I'm starting to draw a blank.

Essentially, what I started was adding a new column to the phone book
table for an ICE index number. I was trying to treat it much like the
speed dials, except it gets applied to the phone book entry and not the
phone number entry. I'm not sure if it's actually storing the ICE index
in the table or not. It at least gets past the phone book import
without exception.

When I attempt to write to the phone, the ICE index is not returned in
the phone book data, so I can't attempt to update it. I have most of
the code in place, with some commented out with TODO. Would you be able
to take a look and see what I'm missing?

Thanks!

-A
Aaron G. Stemen
2008-07-08 01:10:52 UTC
I figured out what was going on. It was in fact saving the data to the
phone book table in the database (thank you sqlite command line utility!).

Attached is a patch that will keep the ICE contacts in sync with the
phone book. I tested it out a little bit successfully.

Joe, I'm sure you will anyway, but you may want to look at the changes
that I made to see if they should be generalized at all, or if there's a
more efficient way of doing a couple of the steps. Unfortunately, my
Python background is limited to what I've done since we began working on
support for the VX-9100.

This patch is for the code with the most recent changes in SVN that Joe
committed a couple days ago.

-A
-A
Joe Pham
2008-07-08 19:29:02 UTC
Post by Aaron G. Stemen
Attached is a patch that will keep the ICE contacts in sync with the
phone book.
You're on the right path, and thanks for the patch. Most of the new VZW models now all have the same ICE setup, so we could probably use this approach in general.

Free information on Internet Security. Click Now.
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/Ioyw6ijlZS6iUzg4dlP9yQbNgtIVACJQGdSOoUF9g50QVOasEdd2yo/