[Bitpim-devel] Bowing to sanity
Roger Binns
2004-06-02 06:31:47 UTC
Since it looks like 0.7 will be 0.7 test something for a long time
I think it would be sensible to move over to the Linux kernel and
other project versioning scheme where odd is development and
even is stable.

I am thinking this weekends release should be 0.7.1 and drop the
test suffix. The next one will be 0.7.2 etc. Or maybe just start
at 0.7.12.

Any opinions?

Roger
Stephen Wood
2004-06-02 10:55:07 UTC
I think this is fine. We should keep the explanation that this is a
test/development release in the about box and add an prominent
explanation of the numbering scheme in the help.

I think the next release should be 0.7.12. I occasionally see the test
suffix dropped, so going to 0.7.1 could be confusing.

Stephen
Roger
Steven Palm