[Bitpim-devel] Problem with "split panes" on Mac
Peter Dufault
2004-09-02 13:50:38 UTC
When you have "split panes" such as on the phonebook window, where
there is a vertical bar that can adjust the size of the two panes with
the text on the left and the "preview" thing on the right, when you
double click on the bar the left hand pane takes over the entire window
(as it should on the Mac) but the bar disappears and you can't get the
right hand preview pane back. Fortunately if you quit and restart
Bitpim you get two panes again.

It's the same situation with the vertical panes such as is in
wallpapers.

I don't know if this is a Bitpim problem or wxPython problem.

OS X 10.3.5
Bitpim 0.7.18-official as of this AM EDT

Peter

Peter Dufault
HD Associates, Inc.
Roger Binns
2004-09-03 06:06:51 UTC
Post by Peter Dufault
When you have "split panes" such as on the phonebook window, where
there is a vertical bar that can adjust the size of the two panes with
the text on the left and the "preview" thing on the right, when you
double click on the bar the left hand pane takes over the entire
window (as it should on the Mac) but the bar disappears and you can't
get the right hand preview pane back. Fortunately if you quit and
restart Bitpim you get two panes again.
This is a "feature" of the splitter. I have just committed a change
that sets the minimum split size to 20 pixels, which also prevents
unsplitting.
Post by Peter Dufault
It's the same situation with the vertical panes such as is in
wallpapers.
I will be rewriting the wallpaper/ringtone pane soon so I won't
bother fixing that.

Thanks,