[BitPim-devel] Driver for Sanyo SCP-3100?
Stephen Wood
2006-05-13 13:16:29 UTC
I just go in the SCP-3100 loaned by RPI wireless. As I usually do I start
with Linux. I could not get it to associate with the cdc-acm driver like
other Sanyos do, so I just tried direct usb access (libusb). With that, the
all the usual Sanyo protocols I have tried so far worked flawlessly.

The USB ids on this phone are different from the other Sanyo's.

Anyone have any suggestions for what to do on windows. The driver from
Sanyo didn't work. (It is just an .inf file, so I tried changing the usb
id's in it, but maybe I need to fully uninstall the previously installed
Sanyo driver first.) Futuredial and Datapilot don't claim to support this
phone yet
--
Stephen Wood

One of the "Steves" of Project Steve at http://www.ncseweb.org/.
Simon C
2006-05-13 15:38:25 UTC
Post by Stephen Wood
Anyone have any suggestions for what to do on windows. The
driver from Sanyo didn't work. (It is just an .inf file, so
I tried changing the usb id's in it, but maybe I need to
fully uninstall the previously installed Sanyo driver first.)
try renaming the inf file with the new usbid in (not the others) and
pointing windows to it when it asks for the driver.

Simon
Stephen Wood