[Bitpim-devel] Updated (working ) LG VX6100 files
John O'Shaughnessy
2004-11-21 04:52:29 UTC
I've updated the com_lgvx6100.py to properly account for the built-in
wallpaper and ringtone files.

With this version I have been able to successfully retrieve: Phonebook,
Wallpaper, Ringers, and Calendar data.

I can also modify all but the Calendar data, and successfully write it to
the phone.

I didn't have to update the p_lgvx6100.p file from the file I emailed
yesterday.

I'm sure it is still rough, but the basics seem to function OK.

John
John O'Shaughnessy ***@cloud7.org
Roger Binns
2004-11-21 05:20:31 UTC
Post by John O'Shaughnessy
I've updated the com_lgvx6100.py to properly account for the built-in
wallpaper and ringtone files.
Did you get the right offsets for the image files? If you want to
force BitPim to send a file to a particular location, exit and
edit the index.idx file and add origin fields pointing to
"mms" and "drm".

Roger
John O'Shaughnessy
2004-12-01 14:59:24 UTC
Post by John O'Shaughnessy
I've updated the com_lgvx6100.py to properly account for the built-in
wallpaper and ringtone files.
Did you get the right offsets for the image files? If you want to
force BitPim to send a file to a particular location, exit and
edit the index.idx file and add origin fields pointing to
"mms" and "drm".
All the offsets are correct, except for the base "images" files:

# more VX6100 indices
imagelocations=(
# offset, index file, files location, type, maximumentries
( 50, "download/dloadindex/brewImageIndex.map", "brew/shared",
"images", 30) ,
( 200, "download/dloadindex/mmsImageIndex.map", "brew/shared/mms",
"mms", 20),
( 220, "download/dloadindex/mmsDrmImageIndex.map",
"brew/shared/mms/d", "drm", 20),
( 130, None, None, "camera", 20) # nb camera must be last
)

Images sent from BitPim to the phone show up in brew/shared as expected.
BitPim successfully reads them back in, and shows them with an origin of
"images" as expected.

When one of these images is assigned as wallpaper (on the phone), no
wallpaper shows up in BitPim. Items from the camera or shared/mms work fine
in BitPim as wallpaper. Ringtones are correct as well. I've tried many
different offset values, to no avail.

I've attached the index.idx as created for my wallpapers if it can shed any
light.
This is my only remaining issue before submitting the LG VX6100 files for
the next build.

Thanks!

John
--