[Bitpim-devel] 0.7-test3 Error
Jay Cummins
2004-02-12 15:06:12 UTC
I just installed and ran bitpim 0.7-test3 and received
the following error:

An unexpected exception has occurred.
Please see the help for details on what to do.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "wallpaper.pyo", line 80, in OnIdle
File "wallpaper.pyo", line 71, in OnListRequest
TypeError: string indices must be integers

Variables by last 8 frames, innermost last

Frame MainLoop in wxPython\wx.pyo at line 1974
self = <gui.MainApp instance; proxy of C++
wxPyApp instance at _9eb

Frame MainLoop in wxPython\wx.pyo at line 92
_kwargs = {}
self = <gui.MainApp instance; proxy of C++
wxPyApp instance at _9eb
_args = ()

Frame __call__ in gui.pyo at line 71
self = <gui.Callback instance at
0x017435F8>
args = (<class exceptions.TypeError at
0x009745A0>, <exceptions.Typ
d = {}
kwargs = {}

Frame excepthook in gui.pyo at line 911
self = <gui.MainWindow instance; proxy of
C++ wxFrame instance at _
traceback = <traceback object at 0x019C1080>
type = <class exceptions.TypeError at
0x009745A0>
value = <exceptions.TypeError instance at
0x019C15A8>

Frame HandleException in gui.pyo at line 947
style = None
e = <guiwidgets.ExceptionDialog
instance; proxy of C++ wxDialog
title = None
text = None
self = <gui.MainWindow instance; proxy of
C++ wxFrame instance at _
exception = <exceptions.TypeError instance at
0x019C15A8>

Frame ShowModal in wxPython\frames.pyo at line 184
_kwargs = {}
self = <guiwidgets.ExceptionDialog
instance; proxy of C++ wxDialog
_args = ()

Frame OnIdle in wallpaper.pyo at line 80
self = <wallpaper.WallpaperView instance;
proxy of C++ wxListCtrl i
_ = <wxPython.events.wxIdleEventPtr
instance; proxy of C++ wxIdl

Frame OnListRequest in wallpaper.pyo at line 71
_[1] = <built-in method append of list
object at 0x019CC5D0>
x = 0
msg = None
Roger Binns
2004-02-12 22:12:21 UTC
Post by Jay Cummins
I just installed and ran bitpim 0.7-test3 and received
Do you delete you existing BitPim data directory first?

Roger
Jay Cummins
2004-02-12 22:50:53 UTC
Nope...I deleted something else. I don't get the
error anymore. Now I get this error:

17:48:15.530 COM1: Open of comm port failed
17:48:15.562 Error: Failed to open communications -
COM1
COM1: could not open port: (5, 'CreateFile', 'Access
is denied.')
Post by Jay Cummins
Post by Jay Cummins
I just installed and ran bitpim 0.7-test3 and
received
Do you delete you existing BitPim data directory
first?
Now.
2004-02-13 01:14:56 UTC
http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/testhelp/trouble-serial.htm