[BitPim-devel] Helpblocks
Simon C
2006-03-22 08:54:26 UTC
I am modifying the help for the new trees.
I am using helpblocks version 1.17.
I makes many changes to the bitpim.wxh file. (none of which seem to have any
effect). Is this the correct way to modify this file? Are these changes
expected?

The makehelp.sh does not run correctly on my system.
I have to modify the path of the bitpim.wxh passed to the helpblocks
executable to use windows style naming (i.e. c:/projects/bitpim/... Instead
of /c/projects/bitpim/). I am using cygwin on XP to build. Any ideas about
why this is failing?

Simon
Roger Binns
2006-03-22 17:06:11 UTC
Post by Simon C
I am using helpblocks version 1.17.
I'd suggest you just edit files directly. Joe or I can clean
up the project file (.wxh).
Post by Simon C
I makes many changes to the bitpim.wxh file. (none of which seem to have any
effect). Is this the correct way to modify this file? Are these changes
expected?
If you change a file then nothing should happen to the wxh. It
should only change on a change to the structure (addition or removal).
Post by Simon C
The makehelp.sh does not run correctly on my system.
I am using cygwin on XP to build. Any ideas about
why this is failing?
Yes, don't use cygwin. (I detest cygwin with a passion :-)
If you use MinGW and MSYS, you will be fine.

Roger
Simon C
2006-03-22 19:43:12 UTC
Post by Simon C
expected?
If you change a file then nothing should happen to
the wxh. It
should only change on a change to the structure
(addition or removal).
I'm adding images, which is why it changed. Can I just
check it in as modified by hb and let you or Joe clean
it up?

Simon