[BitPim-devel] BitPim Test Release 1.0.6.20080304 available
Joe Pham
2008-03-06 02:19:43 UTC
Grab it from:

<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=75211&package_id=76673&release_id=581811>

Changes in this release:

* Bug fix: LG VX-8800/10000 Note Pad.
* Improvement: LG AX-8600 Call History and Note Pad (patch submitted by
David Ritter).
* Bug fix: LG VX-8500/8800/10000: better BREW file access (i.e. fewer "file
block" errors).
* Bug fix: LG VX-9900: access to the mmc1 dir via Command Line Interface
(CLI).
* Bug fix: Motorola: BitPim failed to read phonebook from some Motorola
models.
* Improvement: Call History: Navigate to other subtrees.

Click now and invest wisely with these mutual fund resources!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2211/fc/Ioyw6ijm9XVmV5XAjGzBiitJ0s6Xu70I4M42rhxNZh1nWrU0LWdNNm/
Mitch Greenfield
2008-03-06 02:40:57 UTC
I can't get the latest release of bitpim to work under my main user on my
mac. There is another user on my machine and it works fine on that user.
Are there some files I can delete that will make it work?

I get the following error:

BitPim version: 1.0.6.20080304-Test
An unexpected exception has occurred.
Please see the help for details on what to do.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "gui.pyo", line 248, in OnClose
File "gui.pyo", line 245, in goforit
File "gui.pyo", line 548, in makemainwindow
File "gui.pyo", line 839, in __init__
File "phone_root.pyo", line 111, in __init__
File "wx/_core.pyo", line 7576, in Yield
PyAssertionError: C++ assertion "wxAssertFailure" failed at /BUILD/wxPython-
src-2.8.7.1/src/mac/carbon/app.cpp(1118) in Yield(): wxYield called
recursively

Variables by last 8 frames, innermost last

Frame OnClose in gui.pyo at line 248
self = <gui.MySplashScreen; proxy of <Swig Object of type
'wxSplashScreen *' at 0xabb20
evt = <wx._core.CloseEvent; proxy of <Swig Object of type
'wxCloseEvent *' at 0xbfffad

Frame goforit in gui.pyo at line 245
self = <gui.MySplashScreen; proxy of <Swig Object of type
'wxSplashScreen *' at 0xabb20

Frame makemainwindow in gui.pyo at line 548
self = <gui.MainApp; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'wxPyApp *'
at 0xa4a64d0> >
name = None
title = 'BitPim'

Frame __init__ in gui.pyo at line 839
_func = None
sz = wx.Size(32, 32)
ib = <wx._gdi.IconBundle; proxy of <Swig Object of type
'wxIconBundle *' at 0x10626f0
impmenu = <wx._core.Menu; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'wxMenu *'
at 0x10629340> >
help = 'Export Media Files to a Zip file'
parent = None
title = 'BitPim'
menu = <wx._core.Menu; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'wxMenu *'
at 0x10633230> >
self = <gui.MainWindow; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'wxFrame
*' at 0x9de000> >
_desc = 'Execute'
_submenu = <wx._core.Menu; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'wxMenu *'
at 0x1062a0f0> >
id = -1
sb = <guiwidgets.MyStatusBar; proxy of <Swig Object of type
'wxStatusBar *' at 0xaf80
_help = 'Perform Auto Calendar Import'
func = <function OnFileExportMediaZip at 0xab3a9b0>
expmenu = <wx._core.Menu; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'wxMenu *'
at 0x1062be60> >
x = 183
_id = 178
config = <bp_config.Config instance at 0xa3490a8>
menuBar = <wx._core.MenuBar; proxy of <Swig Object of type
'wxMenuBar *' at 0x10628270> >
desc = 'Media to Zip File...'

Frame __init__ in phone_root.pyo at line 111
art = ['phonebook', 'wallpaper', 'ringers', 'calendar',
'callhistory', 'calls', 'sms',
fv = 1
parent = <wx._windows.SplitterWindow; proxy of <Swig Object of
type 'wxSplitterWindow *'
k = 'sounds'
s = 'self.sounds= self.image_list.Add(
wx.ArtProvider_GetBitmap(guihelper.ART_SEL_SOU
self = <phone_root.PhoneTree; proxy of <Swig Object of type
'wxPyTreeCtrl *' at 0xb0960
lv = 0
mw = <gui.MainWindow; proxy of <Swig Object of type 'wxFrame
*' at 0x9de000> >
bmsize = (22, 22)
id = 282

Frame Yield in wx/_core.pyo at line 7576
args = ()
Sean Burke
2008-03-06 12:25:16 UTC
You have a directory of bitpim files in your home directory. Try
backing it up and removing it. You will have to resync your phone, but
that should work:

tar jcvf bp_bkup.tbz ~/.bitpim-files
rm -rf ~/.bitpim-files

Then open bitpim.