[BitPim-devel] Proper wxPython version fordevelopment?
Bruce S
2005-06-01 15:15:54 UTC
I know that the BitPim developer website claims 2.5.5.1-unicode but I see
2.6.0.1 in makedist.py so I am confused.

What is the proper version of wxPython that I should be using for devlopment?

Thanks,
Bruce
--
Bruce Schurmann
BitPim LG-VX3200 dev
Roger Binns
2005-06-01 15:52:26 UTC
Post by Bruce S
I know that the BitPim developer website claims 2.5.5.1-unicode but I see
2.6.0.1 in makedist.py so I am confused.
What is the proper version of wxPython that I should be using for devlopment?
It doesn't actually matter as long as it is recent and is the Unicode
version (actually non-unicode will work as well). The only time it
is an issue is if you find graphical bugs in which case we'd only
be interested in hearing about it if the version is the same as
used in makedist.

Thanks for the reminder and I'll update the developer page now as well.

Roger
Bruce S
2005-06-01 17:19:21 UTC
Good info - thanks.

The reason I asked is because wx.Image_AddHandler is not working in
2.5.5.1 and I was wondering if it might be in 2.6.0.1. (Aside - the
release notes for 2.6.0.1 does not lead me to think this is fixed there
either.)

I was trying to add the LGBIT image handling as a real wx.Image thingy but
just could not get that to work.

I peeked at the log for brewcompressedimage.py and it looks like the
author went down the same path for that image type as well.
BitPim LG-VX3200 dev
Roger Binns
2005-06-02 04:30:42 UTC
Post by Bruce S
The reason I asked is because wx.Image_AddHandler is not working in
2.5.5.1 and I was wondering if it might be in 2.6.0.1. (Aside - the
release notes for 2.6.0.1 does not lead me to think this is fixed there
either.)
I thought it was working. What I recommend you do is write the smallest
amount of code possible as a standalone demonstration of the problem
and then post about it on the wxPython-users mailing list. Robin is
normally really good at fixing the issues once he has a piece of code
that tickles the problem.
Post by Bruce S
I peeked at the log for brewcompressedimage.py and it looks like the
author went down the same path for that image type as well.
That author was me, and the code was written a long time ago.
Consequently I have no recollection what did or didn't work.