[BitPim-devel] LG VX9200 support
Volfson, Alexander
2009-10-20 00:57:10 UTC
Hey Developers,

I don't know how far along you guys are in supporting the VX9200, but I experimented a little today and got pictures and videos off, so I thought I would share my wisdom:

1) Bitpim auto-detected my phone as CDMA other: got nothing out

2) I set my phone to be the VX9100 (the previous model): again, not even phone info

3) I browse the file system: success!

a. Pictures are in /brew/mod/10888 as *.jpg

b. Videos are in /brew/mod/10890 as *.3g2 or 3GPP2 (according to Wikipedia, which claims it is similar to mpeg4. Quicktime played it perfectly!)

Hope that helps!

: - )

Alex
h***@hotmail.com
2009-10-20 23:35:48 UTC
Nathan Hjelm
2009-10-21 00:02:22 UTC
Basic (a little buggy) VX-9200 support exists in the latest test build. The next build will have better support for the VX/CX-9200 and VX-11K.

-Nathan
Alexey Popov
2009-10-21 00:09:59 UTC
How to add support to LG rumour 2? I have made some progress. Do I
need to send modified *.py files to some developer?
Nathan Hjelm
2009-10-21 01:10:50 UTC
Send the files to this mailing list and one of us will be happy to
take a look.

-Nathan
Nathan Hjelm
2009-10-27 20:11:39 UTC
I found a bug in phone number support for the VX-9200. The file format of pbnumber.dat differs slightly from the format used on previous LG Phonebook 1.0 phones. I will update the support code later this week to reflect the differences. When are we going to release the next test build? Why wasn't there a Mac binary of the last build?

-Nathan
Sean Patrick Burke
2009-10-27 20:24:27 UTC
Nathan -
There was a binary for the last test build, but it wasn't uploaded to
the site. Shortly afterward my sole PPC laptop crashed and burned. I
have not had the opportunity to revive the machine or to recreate the
build environment. My availability is going to be pretty bleak for
the next two months as I finish my third semester of law school. If
there are other members looking to take over the responsibility, I'd
be happy to walk them through it.

Sean
--
Sean Patrick Burke
Post by Nathan Hjelm
I found a bug in phone number support for the VX-9200. The file
format of pbnumber.dat differs slightly from the format used on
previous LG Phonebook 1.0 phones. I will update the support code
later this week to reflect the differences. When are we going to
release the next test build? Why wasn't there a Mac binary of the
last build?
-Nathan
is the only developer event you need to attend this year. Jumpstart
your
developing skills, take BlackBerry mobile applications to market
and stay
http://p.sf.net/sfu/devconference