[BitPim-devel] Segmentation Fault with the hex viewer
Yosef Meller
2005-07-24 08:04:38 UTC
Hi all, long time no see.

I'm trying to get back to running Bitpim from CVS, and reading from my
phone (sk6100) works. However, when trying to open a file with the hex
viewer, Bitpim segfaults right after it finishes reading the file.

I couldn't locate the exact problem. The only two clues I have so far are:

* Reading the phonebook (which involves reading more than one file) works

* If PaX protection is enabled on the python binary, the program gets
killed by PaX instead of segfaulting, so maybe something is fishy with
memory usage? This seems strange for a python program.

I hope you'll have insight on this.

Yosef.
--
"No, I do not contain myself,"
were the final words from the set of self-excluding sets. :-)
Joe Pham
2005-07-24 16:33:20 UTC
running Bitpim from CVS, and reading from my phone (sk6100) works.
However, when trying to open a file with the hex viewer, Bitpim
segfaults right after it finishes reading the file.
What platform are you running? Also make sure that you have all the updated components such as wxPython, etc. Can you please email or post the file that you're trying to view so I could look into it further?

Surfing so fast you won't believe it's not broadband!
Try NetZero HiSpeed 3G.
Visit http://www.netzero.com to sign up today!
Yosef Meller
2005-07-25 13:30:12 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
running Bitpim from CVS, and reading from my phone (sk6100) works.
However, when trying to open a file with the hex viewer, Bitpim
segfaults right after it finishes reading the file.
What platform are you running? Also make sure that you have all the updated components such as wxPython, etc. Can you please email or post the file that you're trying to view so I could look into it further?
I do have the updated components, but here's the issue that caused
problems: I had wxPython 2.6.1.0 installed via Gentoo's Portage, and an
older version I installed manually, back in the days... After some
headbanging I found that the multyversion stuff wasn't working for some
reason, so since Bitpim is my only use for wxPython, I nuked everything
and re-installed 2.6.1.0.

So, let the fun begin :-)