[BitPim-devel] qcp sound quality
The Doctor
2005-02-28 21:28:23 UTC
I realize that this might not be the best forum in which to ask this
question, but I've tried to run a few .wav files through the PureVoice
converter routine to product .qcp files. In most cases, the audio
quality sounds terrible. It's a real step down from the original
file. has anyone else noticed this and is there any way to deal with
this?
chris carvajal
2005-02-28 23:30:55 UTC
did you manage to transfer your .qcp files from pc to
your phone? and if so, how? the only way i've
managed to do such a thing was trough the web (btw,
after doing so, i also had poor quality in ring tones,
but nonetheless fun to do!).
Post by The Doctor
I realize that this might not be the best forum in
which to ask this
question, but I've tried to run a few .wav files
through the PureVoice
converter routine to product .qcp files. In most
cases, the audio
quality sounds terrible. It's a real step down from
the original
file. has anyone else noticed this and is there any
way to deal with
this?
Read honest & candid reviews on hundreds of IT
Products from real users.
Discover which products truly live up to the hype.
Start reading now.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
The Doctor
2005-03-01 04:20:07 UTC
On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 15:30:55 -0800 (PST), chris carvajal
Post by chris carvajal
did you manage to transfer your .qcp files from pc to
your phone? and if so, how? the only way i've
managed to do such a thing was trough the web (btw,
after doing so, i also had poor quality in ring tones,
but nonetheless fun to do!).
I used a website that transmitted the file via an email message to my
phone which has Sprint PCS Vision. There is a very good explanation
of how this works at
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11225 . The actual
page from which one initiates the transmission is
http://www.sprintusers.com/focus .
Roger Binns
2005-03-01 04:42:33 UTC
Post by The Doctor
quality sounds terrible. It's a real step down from the original
file. has anyone else noticed this and is there any way to deal with
this?
Yes, don't use QCP then. QCP is a codec geared at voice with an
8000Hz sampling rate and a target bitrate of 9 kilobits per second.
MP3 at those rates would sound way worse. However given the quality
of the audio circuits and speakers on most phones, QCP generally
doesn't sound that bad.