[BitPim-devel] VZW LG Dare VX9700
Mark_Venture
2008-06-29 14:21:01 UTC
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 05:00:53 GMT
Subject: Re: [BitPim-devel] BitPim-devel Digest, Vol 26, Issue 9
The LG Dare is sitting on my Desk.
Of course, Bitpim doesn't properly work with it.. Bitpim never shows
me files/folders no matter what I do (even if I try LGDownload first)
What phone model did you set? What did the log show?
-Joe Pham
First off, this is with an activated VZW LG Dare VX9700.

I used "other CDMA phone", as well as trying the VX10K. I didn't capture a
log, however now, after using LG Download, the VX9100's DLL, and entering DM
Mode (via NV Edit feature), BitPim is showing the file system and has full
access to the file system. I am able to add ring tones, pictures, videos
via the file system tab in bitpim.

Knowing LGD/9100's DLL works, and after reading the updated DMv5 and DMv6
coding being added for the VX9100, I just pulled the latest code via SVN,
and tried selecting the VX9100, then using the file system feature. (without
LGD to put the phone in DM Mode) It reads the file system, but I can't add
ring tones. I get "access has been blocked." I hope the attached bitpim.dat
is enough of a recording to help. If not, please let me know.

Mark_Venture
Mark_Venture
2008-06-29 14:25:57 UTC
Sorry, was having my past attempts rejected, in trying to resubmit, I forgot
to attach the file...

MV.
Nathan Hjelm
2008-06-29 14:37:35 UTC
Mark, can you try it again with my dmv5_extended patch? I sent it out
late last night. If that doesn't work can you send me the protocol log
(data recording isn't working for me right now).

-Nathan
2008-06-30 04:02:50 UTC
Thanks for DR file. The current scheme does not seem to work with the Dare. Hopefully, Nathan's idea would improve it (currently in svn).

Beauty Advice Just Got a Makeover
Read reviews about the beauty products you have always wanted to try
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2231/fc/JKFkuJO6pwARnQRGnCzbm3mBqMp1hIoMxWLoxwz8wxlIpfSiWkbPt6/