[BitPim-devel] take me off your list
pumpmark
2005-06-13 22:33:58 UTC
Jim Smith
2005-06-13 23:32:45 UTC
I didn't revert to any previous versions to find when it broke, but this
used to work in the past. I have an appointment that occurs on the second
Sunday of every month. When I set my filtering from today to one year in the
future and repeat events as multiple single events, no occurrences of this
appointment import. The only way I can import that appointment is to set no
filtering at all. Currently, all my other recurring appointments are yearly,
and they import fine, as do non-recurring ones. This is with BitPim 0.7.33
on XP SP2 and Outlook 2003.

Thanks,
Jim
Joe Pham
2005-06-14 12:16:09 UTC
Post by Jim Smith
I didn't revert to any previous versions to find when it broke, but
this used to work in the past.
That code has not been touched for a while; if possible, please save your Calendar Event as a text file and post/email.

Get NetZero Platinum for as low as $6.95/month!
Visit http://www.netzero.com/bestoffer to sign up today!
Jim Smith

2005-06-14 12:56:42 UTC
Just scanned through your event, it appears that it starts and ends on the same day: 12/12/2004. You might want to try to either end it on some other date like 12/12/2005, or make it an open-ended event (no ends).

Jim Smith
2005-06-14 13:13:18 UTC
It already is a recurring event with no end date. Here's a screen shot of
the recurrence window for that event. Other recurring events that occur on
the same numeric date of every month or year do import properly. It's only
this one that is on the second Sunday of each month that won't import with
any BitPim filtering set.

Jim

-Joe Pham
Stephen Wood
2005-06-14 13:26:51 UTC
I think this goes back to a discussion we had a while ago as to the
meaning of "end date" for recurring events. What Jim means this event
to be is a half hour event that recurs monthly. Presently, BitPim
interprets end date to be the date on which the recurrence stops. I
have felt that we should have two end dates. One for the end of an
instance of the event (which then gives you the event duration) and
one for the end of the recurrence. But, I did look at specs and
discussion of vcal and couldn't easily find support for that idea.

Stephen
-Joe Pham
Jim Smith
2005-06-14 13:42:48 UTC
All of my recurring events are set to the default duration of 30 minutes.
All of them that occur on the same numeric date import fine. It's only this
one that is on a specific day of the week that has a problem.

I set my filter to import recurring events as multiple single events, and
this particular event used to import. I only noticed that it didn't when my
alarm didn't go off last Sunday as it has in the past.

Jim

Stephen
Joe Pham
2005-06-14 13:54:46 UTC
It's only this one that is on the second Sunday of each month that
won't import with any BitPim filtering set.
You're correct. BitPim currently does not support this type of recurring events (every nth Sunday of every month). I'll add it to the BitPim Todo list.

Jim Smith

2005-06-14 20:22:38 UTC
Post by Jim Smith
Please don't forget that this used to work,
It only works when the start of the recurring event falls within the specified period; in your particular case, any period that includes 12/12/2004 (and it also includes a note saying that BitPim did not recognize this type of recurring events)

Jim Smith
2005-06-14 23:56:03 UTC
I think we went through this before on "regular" recurring events, and was
the reason that you added the import of repeating events as multiple single
events. Most of my events have start dates of 2004 and earlier. When I
filter from the current date to one year in the future, they all import fine
as single events except for this one.

I'll try to find time to re-install some earlier versions to let you know
when it started and stopped working.

Thanks,
Jim

-Joe Pham
Jim Smith
2005-07-15 00:11:53 UTC
Joe,
Just wanted to report that I finally got around to running from source
again, and the checked in code now handles this type of recurring event
properly.

Thanks,
Jim

2005-07-15 03:37:52 UTC
Post by Jim Smith
Just wanted to report that I finally got around to running from
source again, and the checked in code now handles this type of
recurring event properly.
Jim, thanks for the feedback, and I'm sure you'd let us know when you find something else broken :-)

Surfing so fast you won't believe it's not broadband!
Try NetZero HiSpeed 3G.
Visit http://www.netzero.com to sign up today!