[BitPim-devel] Wallpaper rename
Roger Binns
2005-06-02 05:15:01 UTC
I only just noticed that someone added renaming of wallpaper.

Anyway, it has a major bug in that other entries that
reference the old name are not updated. For example
if you rename 'foo.bmp' to 'bar.bmp' then phonebook
entries are not updated that point to foo.bmp.

The publish subscribe system can be used to broadcast the
rename and let each module then update whatever entries
it has to point to the new name.

Seperately someone emailed me about how the VX8000 will
crash when taking photos if wallpaper is uploaded to it
with no extensions. (The extensions had been removed
by renaming in BitPim). It seems like a miracle the
phones ever work at all ....

2005-06-02 14:50:06 UTC
I only just noticed that someone added renaming of wallpaper.
That someone was me. Not just for wallpapers but also for ringtones.
Post by Roger Binns
Anyway, it has a major bug in that other entries that reference the
old name are not updated.
Good catch. I'll fix it for the next release. IIRC, only contacts and calendar items reference ringtones and/or wallpapers.

Get NetZero Platinum for as low as $4.97/month!
Visit http://www.netzero.com/half to sign up today!
Roger Binns
2005-06-02 16:07:44 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
Post by Roger Binns
Anyway, it has a major bug in that other entries that reference the
old name are not updated.
Good catch. I'll fix it for the next release. IIRC, only contacts
and calendar items reference ringtones and/or wallpapers.
At the moment :-) The reason why I had never got around to implementing
rename was because of having to also put in the pubsub stuff and update
all the other modules.