[BitPim-devel] VX-8700 Calendar support
Nathan Hjelm
2007-05-11 07:10:23 UTC
Finished basic calendar support for the VX-8700. Only thing. I added
some code to the VX-8100 com and protocol files to support my changes.

Also changed with this patch:
- DM mode when listing files to prepare user access to files.
- Ignore nvm/num directory in BREW2 filesystem access. Nothing in
this folder is accessible and it takes a long time to list. Let me
know if this should be implemented in a different place.

Also, in reference to the VX-9900. Is there a good way to give it
access to the challenge/response routine in the VX-8500 code? Could
it be changed so that it inherits from the 8500 instead of the 8100.
The 9900 code will need access to that routine in order to support
firmware version 2.
Joe Pham
2007-05-14 20:54:34 UTC
I added some code to the VX-8100 com and protocol files to support
my changes.
I suggest you limit your changes to the vx8700 module. In this
particular case, you can just make the cdate and mdate field a
specific Samsung prototype type that automatically sets itself to the
current time/date.
Ignore nvm/num directory in BREW2 filesystem access. Nothing in
this folder is accessible and it takes a long time to list. Let me
know if this should be implemented in a different place.
This needs to be done in either vx8700 or make it more generic.
com_brew is the base class for almost all of CDMA phones, so you
cannot hardwire the restriction like that.
Also, in reference to the VX-9900. Is there a good way to give it
access to the challenge/response routine in the VX-8500 code?
Multiple-inheritance is one way. But first, we'd need to confirm
that the 9900 works the same way as the 8500/8700.

-Joe Pham
Nathan Hjelm
2007-05-14 22:01:45 UTC
Post by Joe Pham
I suggest you limit your changes to the vx8700 module. In this
particular case, you can just make the cdate and mdate field a
specific Samsung prototype type that automatically sets itself to the
current time/date.
I figured the change would probably be best localized to the VX-8700 module. Anyway, due to a different epoch the Sammy DateTime does not appear appropriate. Should I extend the DateTime class and change the _time_delta or create something like a BrewDateTime class within prototypes.py or prototypeslg.py (the cdate and mdate fields use the BREW epoch)?
Post by Joe Pham
This needs to be done in either vx8700 or make it more generic.
com_brew is the base class for almost all of CDMA phones, so you
cannot hardwire the restriction like that.
I thought the effect would be minimal enough since that directory appears to be locked out on most phones.

I will implement the restriction in the VX-8700 module in a new version of the patch.
Joe Pham
2007-05-15 21:38:51 UTC
Post by Nathan Hjelm
Should I extend the DateTime class and change the _time_delta or
create something like a BrewDateTime class within prototypes.py or
prototypeslg.py (the cdate and mdate fields use the BREW epoch)?
I'd suggest in prototypeslg if one such type does not already exist.

-Joe Pham
Nathan Hjelm
2007-05-16 00:54:42 UTC
Ok, these patchs should work a bit better.

Changes:
- Fixed BREW2 filesystem code to not falsely determine all files with
type != 0 are directories (many such files in nvm/num).
- VX-8700: Calendar support
- VX-8700: Set download mode when listing files (this should probably
be done lower-- in the VX-8500 code).
Nathan Hjelm
2007-05-16 01:00:14 UTC
Ignore brew.patch. There is a bug in it and it seems I have more to
work out as to what exactly type 15 is.
Post by Nathan Hjelm
Ok, these patchs should work a bit better.
- Fixed BREW2 filesystem code to not falsely determine all files
with type != 0 are directories (many such files in nvm/num).
- VX-8700: Calendar support
- VX-8700: Set download mode when listing files (this should
probably be done lower-- in the VX-8500 code).
<brew2.patch>
<vx8700_cal.patch>
-Nathan Hjelm