[BitPim-devel] Moving/changing protogen
Simon C
2006-03-08 02:51:22 UTC
Should we move this to the phone directory given that this is where it needs
to run, or have it automatically go into phones to do its work. The latter
might be easier for command line operation.

Simon
Brent Roettger
2006-03-08 05:51:49 UTC
I was going to suggest that myself.

I just started working on the code for the PM325 again and having protogen
in the wrong directory caused a bit of confusion. I ended up just copying
it to the phones directory to make development much easier for myself.

Brent
Subject: [BitPim-devel] Moving/changing protogen
2006-03-08 06:20:26 UTC
Post by Simon C
Should we move this to the phone directory given that this is where it needs
to run,
If that happens then it won't be able to import other files in the
future (eg from common).
Post by Simon C
or have it automatically go into phones to do its work. The latter
might be easier for command line operation.
If you invoke it with no arguments then it processes all .p files
in the current directory. So today you could do this from the phones
directory:

../protogen.py

Alternatively you could make it glob into phones, or do both (ie glob
in the current directory and phones if it exists). That way you could
run it from either directory. Some timestamp checking can then also
make it pass over any unmodified .p files.

Roger
Simon C
2006-03-08 14:42:37 UTC
(ie glob in the current directory and phones if it exists).
That way you could run it from either directory.
Done.