[Bitpim-devel] 0.7.16 plans
Roger Binns
2004-08-16 04:31:33 UTC
I haven't been able to finish my phonebook import/merge code so
we will do the build next weekend. That also gives another week
before doing the wxPython 2.5 update. (The good news is that I
haven't seen any bug reports against the latest 2.5 release).

I would very much appreciate it if people can test the new
import/merge code. It is that infamous dialog box that appears
after an import or reading from the phone that shows how BitPim
has merged what just got read with your existing data.

The UI is all new, and is attempting to show what values have
changed and how as a result of the merging process. I still
have some work on the UI to do.

I would like to know what people think, plus any bugs anyone
has found.

Also no Mac users have answered about whether the dialog even
displays for them. The longer you take to answer, the less
inclinded I will be to fix any issues :-)

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mobile.bitpim.devel/577

Roger
Steven Palm
2004-08-16 15:05:53 UTC
Also no Mac users have answered about whether the dialog even displays
for them. The longer you take to answer, the less inclinded I will be
to fix any issues :-)
Well, I never saw the blank dialog, so I'm no use to you here. ;-)

Steve
Peter Wood
2004-08-16 23:12:54 UTC
Roger,
Post by Roger Binns
Also no Mac users have answered about whether the dialog even
displays for them. The longer you take to answer, the less
inclinded I will be to fix any issues :-)
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.mobile.bitpim.devel/577
I just tested out 0.7.15-official (Panther) on my Mac, and there is no
dialog appearing after the phonebook import.

Also, bitpim is still crashing for me about halfway through my
wallpaper imports. I'm hoping this will be alleviated when wxPython
2.5 is used...

Peter
Peter R. Wood - ***@gmail.com - http://prwdot.org/
Roger Binns
2004-08-16 23:54:58 UTC
Post by Peter Wood
I just tested out 0.7.15-official (Panther) on my Mac, and there is no
dialog appearing after the phonebook import.
You need to use the CVS version.
Post by Peter Wood
Also, bitpim is still crashing for me about halfway through my
wallpaper imports. I'm hoping this will be alleviated when wxPython
2.5 is used...
There is always hope .... :-)